Beer-truffles

Reads 1516 • Replies 13 • Started Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:17:26 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

McWorta
beers 1632 º places 156 º 09:10 Sun 12/22/2013

Originally posted by Torontoblue
For next year, make some more now!!!

My wife makes truffles and had some great successes with Nutcracker Porter from Black Oak Brewing (Toronto) with chopped hazelnuts, and Fonseca Bin 27 Port flavoured truffles.

That sounds just ace just by reading!!!

McWorta
beers 1632 º places 156 º 09:13 Sun 12/22/2013

Originally posted by furthur
I’d like to try this, but worried there’s too much water in the beer, and to get enough for flavor it would sieze the chocolate. Guess I could experiment. I want it to REALLY taste like the beer though. My bourbon and margarita truffles have enough booze they bite a bit. I do have some beer syrup I might try...

Yes the mass becomes rather liquid and I need to figure out a way around that. I will ... next year ... good thoughts sometimes need a moment!

Anyhow I like those truffles though the taste of the pure beer is not straight noticeable you really got to look for it, that said, I must say I liked that search because you develop a lot of sense for the other ingredients making it pretty appreciable!

Keep trying here

EdwardsCollins
22:58 Mon 1/13/2014

The beer truffles seem to be advisory and interpretive one. Can we have a perfect place to party all night?