BeerBuddy IOS Iphone - No longer working

Reads 2692 • Replies 15 • Started Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:25:22 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 07:25 Tue 9/6/2016

This appears to no longer work this week for me. Anyone else having problems with syncing beers from Ratebeer to the app? I use the sync button as normal which updates the phones ticked list with rates i have added to site, but now get the useful error message saying "error" :)

Done the usual log out and in, delete app, redownload app, login but still the same.

I understand that Beer Buddy is not officially supported or anything, and lots of aspects have not worked over the last year etc but I was still hanging in on there with what I could use it for. Now was thinking of moving to the RB app instead but can see others stating they having issues as well now, so maybe connected?

rennat42
beers 5363 º places 205 º 07:28 Tue 9/6/2016

I’ve had issues with BeerBuddy for the last 2 days.

Travlr
beers 33905 º places 4589 º 07:35 Tue 9/6/2016

it’s dead in the water. maybe no longer supported?

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 07:37 Tue 9/6/2016

Originally posted by HuskerTan
I’ve had issues with BeerBuddy for the last 2 days.

Cheers for reply, good to know its not just me at least.

Actually after deleting/redownloading/logging back in I cant even search for beers now, nothing returns from the search prompt even for well known established beers, totally useless now :(

Hopefully it gets sorted soon if not will keep an eye on the progress of the RB IOS app getting fixed and might finally make the switch.

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 07:39 Tue 9/6/2016

Originally posted by Travlr

Indeed, not officially supported I believe. Its been a downward spiral over the last couple of years. Last thing was Forums not working now lost way back in time, this could be finally dead in the water like you say now.

Travlr
beers 33905 º places 4589 º 08:18 Tue 9/6/2016

Originally posted by Desverger

Indeed, not officially supported I believe. Its been a downward spiral over the last couple of years. Last thing was Forums not working now lost way back in time, this could be finally dead in the water like you say now.

it’s too bad. I never really rated beers on it, the full site works well on my iphone for that. But it was great for finding places

rennat42
beers 5363 º places 205 º 08:55 Tue 9/6/2016

it’s too bad. I never really rated beers on it, the full site works well on my iphone for that. But it was great for finding places

Same. I used it solely for a quick search to see if I’ve had a certain beer whilst shopping and also to get a quick glimpse of a certain beers ratings if I am tempted to buy something I don’t know about. I can obviously do that on the mobile site but BeerBuddy was a great convenience for a fast search.

Travlr
beers 33905 º places 4589 º 09:00 Tue 9/6/2016

Same. I used it solely for a quick search to see if I’ve had a certain beer whilst shopping and also to get a quick glimpse of a certain beers ratings if I am tempted to buy something I don’t know about. I can obviously do that on the mobile site but BeerBuddy was a great convenience for a fast search.

whilst? have you moved to the UK since the last time we drank together?

rennat42
beers 5363 º places 205 º 09:41 Tue 9/6/2016

I think we have well established that speaking is not my forte.

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 11:22 Tue 9/6/2016

Actually, I have just come back home after a walk into town and for the first time i fired in 12 rates via the browser on my iphone when in Taphouse, and was not as bad as anticipated. The other bonus is at least on browser can also see what friends have ticked/need unlike via the app which saves time switching between. Every cloud and all that....

Travlr
beers 33905 º places 4589 º 13:10 Tue 9/6/2016

I think we have well established that speaking is not my forte.

or typing, apparently