Belgium bottle share / IP trade weekend of 31 Jan - BA stouts for lambic

Reads 1714 • Replies 15 • Started Saturday, January 24, 2015 3:04:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

RichardBerg
15:04 Sat 1/24/2015

FT/share tons of BCBS, some Westbrook Gose. Exact quantities depend on how much my work buddies consume in London...

ISO local sours. Not picky about brand name or rarity; open to anything tart & funky that Americans can’t buy at home.* Prefer to give away more qty than I get, if only so there’s room leftover to shop at the breweries ;)

Staying with my brother in Ghent to see the Lichtfestival, but willing to travel anywhere nearby for good beers and new friends. (Maybe even Kraddel, if he admits Twilight is best pony.) We’ll be at Grote Dorst on Feb 1 for whoever wants to join!

Cheers,
-RB

*if you must know: past Belgian faves include Golden Blend, Iris, vintage gueuzes (old enough to be still), Zwanze ’12. Less enthusiastic about oud bruin, Flemish red, kriek, or generally any fruit lambic where the fruit dominates the funk or induces too much secondary carbonation. But again, these are just guidelines. Better to drink beer than obsess over the perfect deal.

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 20:37 Sat 1/24/2015

DAMN I feel famous ! Thats just bloody awesome ;D No idea what pony is the best , since I did not even knew about the brony-scene untill I took this one as a profile pic haha . I guess that if you feel this pony if the best , than yeah sure, you can have it ;)

I leave on vacation to NY for a whole month the first of february . So the last day is kinda reserved for ’Le girlfriend’ . Perhaps we could meet the day before ? I’d be working @ Belgiuminabox.com from 12 to 5 ( ish ) , feel free to visit ! after that I go to Gollem ( Antwerp, obviously ) where I work as well . Donno if it will be buisy , but perhaps we could just meet , than ;) ( If its calm enough , I’m cool with doing a mini-tasting ) . I for instance have the ’ cuvee lambiekstoemper ’ on the menu ( not sure where else you can find it than Gollem as far as bars go ) , or I can take something from home .

Cheers !

+++ there are many other great people here as well that are not so famous here on RB , like Beerlover_ben , Belgbeergeek , Dennoman , gEUS ( He’s in leuven but might want to make the trip ) . I assume you have heard of 77ships as well ;)

As far as Ghent goes , there is Tim , the brothers ( Mathieu and PriorL ) . Bobochamps is retired, unfortunatly .

Ask around ( I might have forgotten some great people , for which Im sorry ) Tons of kandidates enough to taste some USA-greatness .

RichardBerg
02:41 Sun 1/25/2015

We’re arriving early Saturday, first Eurostar of the morning, on an "all Belgium" ticket so we can continue onto wherever after Midi.

77ships
beers 14200 º places 919 º 04:00 Sun 1/25/2015

If you are going on a pilgrimage to Gollem to meet mr. Kraddel. I will swing by that tasting & bring some stuff.

Beerlover_Ben
beers 30 º places 2 º 16:23 Mon 1/26/2015

I’ll be also in Ghent this Saturday, and Sunday closeby; I’ll send you a PM with my bottles, as I am interested in the BCBS. If you are then interested in some, just let me know and we will figure it out ;)

RichardBerg
15:56 Tue 1/27/2015

Gollem sounds fun. We can get there around 5pm Saturday evening, then head to Ghent for the Lichtfest + Ben’s trade at 9 or 10pm.

RichardBerg
16:11 Tue 1/27/2015

BTW, apart from the well-known American stouts & gose, I will be opening 1 special bottle to share: Transmitter, a new brewery near my home. They haven’t gotten any hype online yet, but this one (a very funky/spicy saison) was probably my favorite beer of 2014. Haven’t had it since the initial release...looking forward! See you all there!

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 16:20 Tue 1/27/2015

I happen to be arriving in Ghent on SAT evening by train with a shitload of new German beers and might stop by the Lichtfestival at St. Pietersplein etc.

Are you having your bottle share somewhere public and/or easily reachable?

As for sours, I have a few Freigeist Goses (rhubarb) I could bring, but those get better distribution in the US than in Germany. Interested in that Westbrook Gose though.

RichardBerg
16:40 Tue 1/27/2015

The early evening share is in Antwerp with Kraddel / 77ships. I don’t know Ghent very well, apart from my friend’s flat, but if you name a place for later that night (10pm+) we’ll try to meet up. I’ll save you a Westbrook.

Beerconnaiseur
beers 166 º places 3 º 07:48 Wed 1/28/2015

Westbrook gose now for sale at Deconinck in Vichte, FYI

77ships
beers 14200 º places 919 º 10:38 Wed 1/28/2015

See you @ 5 on 31.01.2015 -> Gollem. Look for a tall guy. Kraddel knows me.