Birthday (3/22) Beer Trip to Ohio

Reads 358 • Replies 3 • Started Monday, March 17, 2014 4:58:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

tg3204
16:58 Mon 3/17/2014

My girlfriend are going to spend this upcoming weekend hiking in Ohio (Hocking Hills) for my birthday (3/22). We are leaving Indianapolis on Friday and plan on visiting Wolfs Bridge, North High, and Columbus Brewing in Columbus prior to heading down to Jackie O’s in Athens. We plan on visiting Rockmill Brewing on our way back home on Sunday. Any must try places that I’m missing from Indy to Columbus to Athens or some tips from those who are familiar with the area? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Tom

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 17:24 Mon 3/17/2014

Weasel Boy in Zanesville is good, but hours can be tough; they aren’t terribly far from Athens. I think Actual Brewing in Columbus has hours on Friday evenings, and I have heard good things but haven’t made it there myself.

bmoosey
beers 82 º places 1 º 19:31 Mon 3/17/2014

There’s two breweries in Richmond, Indiana. Bigdawg bierhaus and New Boswell. Both are on your way. Boswell has a good brown ale and big dawg is attached to a winery, if you’re interested.

tg3204
12:45 Tue 3/18/2014

Thanks for the great info. I wanted to go to Weasel Boy but their hours are tricky like you said and it won’t fit into our plans, unfortunately. Never had thought to look in Richmond for breweries. We may have to try on our way out of Indiana on Friday.