Black Damnation II - Mocha Bomb

Reads 2051 • Replies 18 • Started Saturday, August 23, 2014 5:28:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 15:31 Sat 8/23/2014

It appears to be an infection, of all the ones bottled at Alvinne ( you know, where they make sour beers )
its about BD I, II, III, IV and XII . , first batch that appeared in 75’s ingraved bottles .

VIII is good no matter what .
new batches of all the same ones are filled at the schoolhouse and nothing is wrong with them . Unfortunately , you can never know which batch it is in retail .
All I know is I was happy to be fest enough to grab some when they arrived at first ... Infected ... ;’(

Travlr
beers 33913 º places 4595 º 16:00 Sat 8/23/2014

Calling urbeer!

77ships
beers 14200 º places 919 º 23:58 Sat 8/23/2014

VIII was great, tried II, III, IV and they were not that great fresh so probably worse now. Anyone know of any issues with Cuvée Delphine? I tried one on draft recently & it was just awful.

ABT_S54
beers 352 º 01:15 Sun 8/24/2014

Hadn’t realized the bottling facility changed.

All my bottles (75cl) are 2012 vintage.

rood
beers 93 º places 5 º 02:35 Sun 8/24/2014

So what is the problem here:

1. Struise asks a lot of money for infected beer.
2. They know the cause of the infection
3. They don’t communicate about the infection nor offer refunds
4. They do not respond on inquiries about this.

This is just customer rip-off.

Kraddel, you are sort of the groupie of Struise right? Did you ask for a refund?

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 03:11 Sun 8/24/2014

Originally posted by rood
So what is the problem here:

1. Struise asks a lot of money for infected beer.
2. They know the cause of the infection
3. They don’t communicate about the infection nor offer refunds
4. They do not respond on inquiries about this.

This is just customer rip-off.

Kraddel, you are sort of the groupie of Struise right? Did you ask for a refund?

Lol , its hard to deny !!!

no I did not . I can well understand people’s reaction though . They were not cheap . Yet they do cost a lot to make as well . i’m sure struise will not be able to refund every bottle .
Since I have respect for what he did for me in the past ( bottles he shared etc ) I have no problem with letting this go, and just see what the infection will do with the beer in some years :p

I can also understand why he will not make this public . Than everyone will want a refund . And I’m sure that everyone who met Urbain knows well enough he often gives free samples of special beers etc . The ( visiting ) fans are - in a way - repayed by those actions .

Anyhow, this is a subject that sure enough will have many, many strong opinions .
all I can say , is that I am ( to my regrets ) not connected to the brewery, and thus can not speak for them / deceide what has to be done

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 12:04 Sun 8/24/2014

Originally posted by kraddel
I can well understand people’s reaction though . They were not cheap . Yet they do cost a lot to make as well .

With all the respect, the first batches in 33cl bottles were far from expensive (and damn tasty!)

mumares
beers 98 º places 1 º 12:13 Sun 8/24/2014

Originally posted by Countbeer
Originally posted by kraddel
I can well understand people’s reaction though . They were not cheap . Yet they do cost a lot to make as well .

With all the respect, the first batches in 33cl bottles were far from expensive (and damn tasty!)

Those days are gone now :)