Blaugies / Hill Farmstead La Vermontoise

Reads 1787 • Replies 13 • Started Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:42:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Dedollewaitor
beers 21534 º places 541 º 13:42 Tue 9/19/2017

Anybody know When this was brewed the last time and where on the Bottle I Can spot it?

Cheers

Mads

caesar
beers 7642 º places 411 º 13:56 Tue 9/19/2017

Pretty well spread I guess. They even had some at Berts Bierhuis a while ago. Dutch webshop currently sells it at 7,25 euro for 75 cl. Any place that stocks Blaugies beers could easily have it I think
https://beerdome.nl/Brasserie-de-Blaugies-Hill-Farmstead-La-Vermontoise

Dedollewaitor
beers 21534 º places 541 º 14:35 Tue 9/19/2017

No problem finding it :-) But When im in Belgium Store owners cant help me and Blaugies are not answering mails. Last year I came Home with 5 dusty bottles :-(. But remember the first time I had it - Amazing.

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 15:01 Tue 9/19/2017

It's a regular so I guess the last time they brewed it was quite recently?

Dedollewaitor
beers 21534 º places 541 º 15:06 Tue 9/19/2017

Yes okay. My problem Then is How to spot Bottle date or BB..

Zlotta
beers 9010 º places 481 º 15:18 Tue 9/19/2017

Mine was bb end of 2018, at least three years old, maybe four years. I don't remember where on the bottle the date was printed, probably on the lable, but it could be found somewhere.

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 10:40 Fri 9/22/2017

I'd also guess it at least 4yrs old, having had it first at Zythos in 2013. There probably was only one collab batch?
Used to be my favourite saison, but noticed an unpleasant rubber note in the last 2x75cl I opened.

Interesting that the last rating was 2017, on tap, in Croatia...

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 11:13 Fri 9/22/2017

Originally posted by bartlebier
I'd also guess it at least 4yrs old, having had it first at Zythos in 2013. There probably was only one collab batch?
Used to be my favourite saison, but noticed an unpleasant rubber note in the last 2x75cl I opened.

It is still being made by Blaugies, there have been several batches.

Don't Blaugies use a 5year expiration date on all their bottles?

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 11:29 Fri 9/22/2017

Originally posted by JulienHuxley

So does Hill fly over for every new batch or HF just ship a Vermont-stamped bag of Amarillos for these new batches? Repeated collab brews have an odd ring to them when it's just the joint recipe design that's becoming the idea behind the collab.

Now that I think of it, this collab is oddly similar to the CA hop bags brought over by Lost Abbey to be devoured by Dupont yeast.

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 15:06 Fri 9/22/2017

Originally posted by JulienHuxley

So does Hill fly over for every new batch or HF just ship a Vermont-stamped bag of Amarillos for these new batches? Repeated collab brews have an odd ring to them when it's just the joint recipe design that's becoming the idea behind the collab.

Now that I think of it, this collab is oddly similar to the CA hop bags brought over by Lost Abbey to be devoured by Dupont yeast.

Agreed, collabs are weird. I mean I think most of these guys know what they're doing and they could probably "collab" a brew over skype. It's not like they actually need the labor of the other brewer.

Dedollewaitor
beers 21534 º places 541 º 12:02 Tue 10/3/2017

Been trying to Come in contact with Blaugies over the years. Their other beers are Also superb when fresh, But its simply a mystery to figure Bottle date out.