Broken bottles at Fedex

Reads 12270 • Replies 107 • Started Friday, March 15, 2013 1:44:22 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 13:44 Fri 3/15/2013

A set of packages that I sent out for a trade got held up at a Fedex due to one of the boxes being damaged. The guy I talked to on the phone gave me a lecture that it was beer and was improperly packaged. He said they won’t deliver it or send it back without being inspected first. Are they going to confiscate what’s not broken? We’re talking about 60lbs and $250 worth of beer. I’ve done like 30 trades and this is the first time anything like this has happened. I’m honestly freaked out and need some advice. Thanks

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:47 Fri 3/15/2013

Fedex doesn’t give two shits you were sending beer. The guy that was angry probably had to clean it up, I’d be pissed too. They may repackage it and return it back to you or send it along to the destination. You can file a claim and you may or may not get a refund for the breakage. I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s just beer and you won’t get into any trouble.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:47 Fri 3/15/2013

Was your address on the box? If yes, you’re likely getting a visit from the police.

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 13:47 Fri 3/15/2013

Everything I ever heard about fedex says they’ll wrap it back up and send it home to you with no further questions. Don’t worry.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 13:51 Fri 3/15/2013

Originally posted by khoffman43
Was your address on the box? If yes, you’re likely getting a visit from the police.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:53 Fri 3/15/2013

Originally posted by Drake

I was joking...I knew he would get the usual responses

Also, that is a heavy ass box your sent OP!

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 13:53 Fri 3/15/2013

Lol, I could give two shits about legal ramifications. I’m freaking out about losing the beer. I’ll take the loss of what broke on the chin, but the rest I want to go to the destination or back to me so I can ship it again. This was a 2 part package, one of which was damaged, the other one is fine. They can’t confiscate my property right?

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:54 Fri 3/15/2013

Originally posted by budznsudz

Lol, I could give two shits about legal ramifications. I’m freaking out about losing the beer. I’ll take the loss of what broke on the chin, but the rest I want to go to the destination or back to me so I can ship it again. This was a 2 part package, one of which was damaged, the other one is fine. They can’t confiscate my property right?

From other similar threads I believe they will send it back to you or on to the destination. Packaging may not be great though, others have said how poorly they repackaged their beers.

Best of luck on the beers, it would suck to lose any and I don’t think you will.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:55 Fri 3/15/2013

Originally posted by budznsudz
They can’t confiscate my property right?

Sure they can. They can destroy it since it’s illegal and against fedex policy to ship beer.

budznsudz
beers 584 º places 9 º 13:55 Fri 3/15/2013

Originally posted by JulienHuxley
Everything I ever heard about fedex says they’ll wrap it back up and send it home to you with no further questions. Don’t worry.

I hope you’re right. I was sending this to a regular trading partner and there were some pretty nice beers in there.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:56 Fri 3/15/2013

Packaging may not be great though, others have said how poorly they repackaged their beers.

Last time they broke a box of mine they put all of the bottles in a very hefty garbage bag and put that in an empty box about twice the size I originally shipped it in. No other padding at all I could only imagine the customers reaction to that if they had sent it on to them instead of returning it.