Chunk and Patriot’s Lick-Yo-Face-Off Throwdown!

Reads 31256 • Replies 642 • Started Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:58:22 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JMFG
beers 1587 º places 19 º 22:24 Mon 3/16/2009

Originally posted by Beerlando
Bullfrog Oak Aged Wolfsblood Scotch Ale

Jesus H Christ in a chicken basket, I missed that one!

PhillyBeer2112
beers 3500 º places 102 º 22:43 Mon 3/16/2009

Originally posted by JMFG

And it was good too

(yes I actually can remember that one!)

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:47 Mon 3/16/2009

Originally posted by fogdog
Do you have a second job at a lady’s shoe store or something?

Until they fired me.

Harassing the customers, my ass.

Dickinsonbeer
beers 5073 º places 31 º 22:59 Mon 3/16/2009

Ok- Im finally recovered I think.

Huge thanks to Brian for hosting an absolutely sick tasting, and of course to Alan for letting us crash at his place, and for driving our drunk asses all over Florida. And Dan too for picking me up from the airport!

That was one of the greatest beer tastings ever. Awesome beer, food, cider, weather, and great people. It was so cool to meet all of you and to see some of the friends I have made over the past couple years.

I took so many damn notes, so Ill have to go through them eventually to see what I liked the most. I do remember though, the first 20 or so I gave all around 3.8 to 4.2, so there were just an insane amount of great beers. I seem to really remember that NB Imagination, so I guess that would be my favorite.

I also remember eating all those sausages late night. Solans toilet took a punishment for that the next morning.

It was funny that so many people kept blacking out in the living room. Gumby was out for more than half the night it seemed!

Oh yeah- and Joe and Wayne really are doing a great thing at CCB- every beer I had, was very impressive. Not hype, just insanely good well made beer with some awesome twists to them.

That cuban place was so freakin good I cant even understand it- the food was so damn tasty, good friendly ridiculous quick service, huge portions, and the prices were so damn low. I know you guys were sayin NY has some very good cuisine, but we sure as shit don’t have your prices.

Thanks again to everyone for bringing an amazing selection of beer. I really had a great time.

Dickinsonbeer
beers 5073 º places 31 º 23:01 Mon 3/16/2009

Oh- and Im glad everyone enjoyed the homebrew! Ill be sure to bring even more next time.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:03 Mon 3/16/2009

Originally posted by fogdog
I need the link to that ratebeer flickr, my fiance didn’t believe you were serious about the creepy foot fetish!

Linkage

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 23:09 Mon 3/16/2009

Originally posted by hopscotch
I did take a couple photos of all of the opened beers on Sunday. I’ll upload them to the ratebeer flickr group sometime tonight or tomorrow

My Favorite

Nearly all of them

The rest

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:55 Tue 3/17/2009

Originally posted by JMFG

I have a bottle in my closet. I’ll make sure you git some.

gunhaver
beers 1030 º places 13 º 07:05 Tue 3/17/2009

Originally posted by Dickinsonbeer
Oh- and Im glad everyone enjoyed the homebrew! Ill be sure to bring even more next time.

mcbackus
beers 758 º places 11 º 21:08 Tue 3/17/2009

i am hoping the 2 beers i left got open. if not we will drink them next time.