Dallas Beer Rumors - New Brewpub?

Reads 2284 • Replies 26 • Started Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:24:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Originally posted by thirdeye11
Originally posted by ericandersnavy
I hate to pick a bone, but if you saw something in print, why didn’t you link to what you saw? Here’s what I know to help clear up any confusion.

1) The place (Union Bear) isn’t in Oak Cliff. It’s opening in the old Social House space in West Village, which is located off of McKinney Ave and Lemmon in Uptown.

2) Jeff’s the Cicerone at The Common Table. I know both Corey and Jeff well, and if he was going anywhere to start up something cool like this, one of them would have told me. Hell they probably would have advertised it! Is he helping them out in some capacity? I’ll go so far as to say "I don’t know" but Stephen says he talked with Jeff about it.

3) It’s definitely a nano-brewery with very very small batches. I think they’re going to be brewing on 15 or 30 gallon batches, but I don’t recall that piece of the puzzle for sure. The space is pretty small and won’t accommodate large brewing equipment.

4) Yes, ownership is definitely from Eno’s/Oddfellows.

All that being said, I can’t wait for the place to open and see what they’ll be brewing!

....maybe it was in actual print and not on this thing that people call the internets or maybe he was to drunk to remember where he saw it?

I guess anything is possible, but this type of news is generally online where the younger demographic (craft beer drinkers) would be the target audience.

so you’re saying that the older demographic doesn’t like craft beer?

SphinxTX
beers 2875 º places 41 º 21:46 Thu 12/22/2011

Im 36......

thirdeye11
beers 6162 º places 34 º 16:22 Sat 12/24/2011

Demographically the saturation of craft beer drinkers is much higher percentage wise amongst 25-34 year olds than any other age group. I didn’t say people in other age groups do not drink craft beer. :)

I am surprised Jeff is no longer with Common Table, but he is having a baby anytime now. Maybe that changed his priorities.

I hate to pick a bone, but if you saw something in print, why didn’t you link to what you saw? Here’s what I know to help clear up any confusion.

1) The place (Union Bear) isn’t in Oak Cliff. It’s opening in the old Social House space in West Village, which is located off of McKinney Ave and Lemmon in Uptown.

2) Jeff’s the Cicerone at The Common Table. I know both Corey and Jeff well, and if he was going anywhere to start up something cool like this, one of them would have told me. Hell they probably would have advertised it! Is he helping them out in some capacity? I’ll go so far as to say "I don’t know" but Stephen says he talked with Jeff about it.

3) It’s definitely a nano-brewery with very very small batches. I think they’re going to be brewing on 15 or 30 gallon batches, but I don’t recall that piece of the puzzle for sure. The space is pretty small and won’t accommodate large brewing equipment.

4) Yes, ownership is definitely from Eno’s/Oddfellows.

All that being said, I can’t wait for the place to open and see what they’ll be brewing!

....maybe it was in actual print and not on this thing that people call the internets or maybe he was to drunk to remember where he saw it?

I guess anything is possible, but this type of news is generally online where the younger demographic (craft beer drinkers) would be the target audience.

so you’re saying that the older demographic doesn’t like craft beer?

BMan1113VR
beers 7929 º places 423 º 17:51 Sat 12/24/2011

Demographically the saturation of craft beer drinkers is much higher percentage wise amongst 25-34 year olds than any other age group.

But I’m still 24

mar
beers 5630 º places 111 º 21:03 Sat 12/24/2011

You’re a huge exception to the rule

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 09:06 Tue 12/27/2011

Hear you guys are getting some new microbreweries as well.

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2012/January/Dallas_Breweries.aspx

Congrats!

SphinxTX
beers 2875 º places 41 º 09:12 Tue 12/27/2011

Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Hear you guys are getting some new microbreweries as well.

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2012/January/Dallas_Breweries.aspx

Congrats!

Michael Peticolas and Wim seem like good guy’s...Looking forward to their opening.

dukefan
beers 215 º places 78 º 03:44 Mon 1/2/2012

Since I started the rumor (which was both validated and skewered) it was an acquaintance from another bar who knows Jeff. I can personally attest, since I’ve drank brews with Jeff to my left and "rumor source" to my right.

thirdeye11
beers 6162 º places 34 º 11:57 Mon 1/2/2012

You were at least partially right and I never doubted much of what you said, but when you’re publicizing someone changing jobs or leaving their workplace, it seems in bad form not to cite a source. Could have some personal repercussions ya know?

He’s going to work there, but not as head brewer. As a floor manager I believe.

SphinxTX
beers 2875 º places 41 º 14:46 Mon 1/2/2012

You were at least partially right and I never doubted much of what you said, but when you’re publicizing someone changing jobs or leaving their workplace, it seems in bad form not to cite a source. Could have some personal repercussions ya know?

It’s ok....