DLD ’15 advice wanted

Reads 947 • Replies 5 • Started Friday, November 7, 2014 2:16:48 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joes
beers 93 º places 9 º 02:16 Fri 11/7/2014

Hi,

I’m planning a holiday-roadtrip from New Orleans to Chicago in April next year. It would be great to attend Dark Lord Day, but I understand it might be hard to get some tickets (including getting some bottles of DL). So all advice is welcome. I’ll bring some Westvleteren and/or Belgian sours for the one who can help me out. So:
- is the date voor DLD ’15 set?
- when do tickets go for sale?
- are they ’gone in seconds’ and will I have problems buying them, as I’m not form the USA (some sites have problems when I can not fill in and USA-adress or state)
- any hotel-advice as close as possible to the site?

I have to plan flights in advance, so any help would really be nice.

Cheers !

SeeFish
13:48 Tue 11/11/2014

Originally posted by joes
Hi,

I’m planning a holiday-roadtrip from New Orleans to Chicago in April next year. It would be great to attend Dark Lord Day, but I understand it might be hard to get some tickets (including getting some bottles of DL). So all advice is welcome. I’ll bring some Westvleteren and/or Belgian sours for the one who can help me out. So:
- is the date voor DLD ’15 set?
- when do tickets go for sale?
- are they ’gone in seconds’ and will I have problems buying them, as I’m not form the USA (some sites have problems when I can not fill in and USA-adress or state)
- any hotel-advice as close as possible to the site?

I have to plan flights in advance, so any help would really be nice.

Cheers !

I’ve only been to one so not an expert (missed out this year). I think its normally around the 3rd week in April and tix went on sale maybe a month prior this year. The exact date probably won’t be announced until after the new year. Tickets are gone within minutes...there was a sort of a virtual queue that built up 15 minutes prior to the actual sale of the online tickets this year. So if you weren’t in it you most likely didn’t get tix. My advice would be to subscribe to their twitter for ticket sale announcements and when they do go on sale get there plenty early to figure out the website and get in whatever queue they have. It’s always been a little bit different the few years I’ve tried.

shrubber85
admin
beers 15132 º places 448 º 15:29 Tue 11/11/2014

Tickets will most likely go on sale at 12:00 Chicago time (so 19:00 in the Netherlands) on March 17th (they have for the past several years) - you would most likely have as good of a chance as anyone else and you can get the tickets as "Will Call" which means you would be able to pick them up the day of the event (which will most likely be the last Saturday in April). They will post information on the Dark Lord Day website and twitter account. Will take some luck to get tickets.

DrnkMcDermott
beers 4260 º places 102 º 20:20 Tue 11/18/2014

You may want to get on the mailing lists of some of the beer clubs here, like Chicago Beer Society ( http://chibeer.org/). They will usually start posting tickets for sale from people who can’t go, or have extras, the week before. There are a couple of Chicago Beer-centered Facebook pages like Chicago Beer Exchange ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/230269763763381/) that trade beers, and also get into tickets for sold out events. Bringing in some rarities from Europe will make it easier to get tickets there.
And I will humbly suggest my own page, www.beeronaut.com, as a source for events going on around DLD.

joes
beers 93 º places 9 º 05:50 Thu 11/20/2014

Thanks you all.

DrnkMcDermott
beers 4260 º places 102 º 20:29 Sun 11/23/2014

If you do miss the tickets, there will be a nice range of pre- or day-of-DLD events for simply enjoying or trading beers. You just won’t find much Dark Lord.