Does size matter?

Reads 3628 • Replies 42 • Started Thursday, June 25, 2015 5:14:58 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

RW80
beers 3114 º places 33 º 14:36 Wed 7/15/2015

In short there is only thing to make it happen. Be gentle and respectfull at both sides and everythig is possible.
Question back seeing some responses.( Fact is this only happened to me in restaurants ,but never happened to me in a bar.)

For the negative prople, do you screw that same staff, when they

* let you and your entourage in on a closed group night.
* decide to open their restaurant for you and your folks. While the group size is below their standards.(Fact is on those nights they just broke even)
* expand your 3 course meal to a 6 course meal. (It’s a quiet evening and the cook wants to try some new idea’s and likes input [laughing] )
* Never limited the menu, incase of availability to group size.
* Gave you several stuff on the house on past occasions.
Fact is it’s a give and take and if done correct and respectfull all parties will benefit, but the key here is being correct on both sides. I also know it can be done wrong, but when done right I think it’s wrong to be a &&&&

Gurthnar
beers 12242 º places 22 º 09:19 Thu 7/16/2015

There is always the cheat code - "sorry, but we are awaiting more people, so no" :D You get to keep the table and do not look like an ass.

Well, sometimes you do, when whole evening passes by and noone comes to join you. But I have had that happen even in situations when I actually did expect more people :D