Dog Friendly Places Tag

Reads 2463 • Replies 56 • Started Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:16:44 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 10:40 Thu 5/7/2015

Yeah some do allow them outdoors. Indoors is a big no no.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:42 Thu 5/7/2015

Dog flu has a lot of establishments around here @ shut dune dogwise for the time being.

:(

Travlr
beers 33894 º places 4585 º 11:09 Thu 5/7/2015

Originally posted by pepsican
Originally posted by minutemat
As a dog-owner and cafe/bar owner this is important to me too. We are literally the only place in our town that allows dogs inside and as such we get a lot of thankful customers (and dogs) coming in!

Pretty sure you can’t bring dogs into places that serve food in the U.S.
depends on the state. the State Board of Health usually sets rules like this.

Travlr
beers 33894 º places 4585 º 11:10 Thu 5/7/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by Berbatov
dogs don’t belong. children either.

half the people don’t belong.

closer to 83% in DC.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 11:18 Thu 5/7/2015

Originally posted by TheAlum
Yeah expanding tags to places could be very effective / versatile

I had a laugh thinking of changing Kid Friendly to Kid/Dog Friendly

This is a good reminder that we should probably update the awkwardly worded "Minors Allow" check-box to "Kid-Friendly" (in addition to adding one for "Dog-Friendly").

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 11:27 Thu 5/7/2015

This is a good reference tool for my local areas and could be applied to this site easily by some dedicated members. I’m sure all states have this or something similar.
http://www.sidewalkdog.com/directory/category.php?id=20

Travlr
beers 33894 º places 4585 º 13:59 Thu 5/7/2015

I would be happy to edit the places I visit to check a box regarding dog-friendliness. I just need to borrow someone’s dog.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 14:02 Thu 5/7/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
I would be happy to edit the places I visit to check a box regarding dog-friendliness. I just need to borrow someone’s dog.

Not nice to talk about peoples wives that way.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 14:06 Thu 5/7/2015

As a dog-owner and cafe/bar owner this is important to me too. We are literally the only place in our town that allows dogs inside and as such we get a lot of thankful customers (and dogs) coming in!

Pretty sure it’s a country thing according to the FDA, but that is just guidelines. Kind of rude to do to other diners though, I’d put it even higher up than bringing a child to a restaurant. Casual places sure. I’d personally avoid places that allow animals inside so a yes or no tick would be pretty coodl

Travlr
beers 33894 º places 4585 º 14:16 Thu 5/7/2015

Pretty sure it’s a country thing according to the FDA, but that is just guidelines. Kind of rude to do to other diners though, I’d put it even higher up than bringing a child to a restaurant. Casual places sure. I’d personally avoid places that allow animals inside so a yes or no tick would be pretty coodl
It usually works pretty well in Europe. Generally they bring little drop-kick sized dogs, though, and the dogs (like the kids) tend to be very well behaved. Most of the time you don’t even know they’re there, til the person & dog get up to leave.

They’re not really a health hazard. Not like cats.