English County Stat Attack

Reads 4520 • Replies 40 • Started Saturday, November 4, 2017 7:50:48 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 18:20 Sat 11/4/2017

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by danlo
5 above 100, with 2 of those above 200. Herefordshire next in line with 92 which means I need to drink more ciders!

Ha, minutemat like yourself is a cider drinker, which has 'twisted' his overall scoring. He's one of the top cider raters, are you in that category? Can't be bothered to check really.

<*))))))><

He is. Along with me creeping up the bottom rungs of that table.

Mr_Pink_152
beers 14571 º places 456 º 19:20 Sat 11/4/2017

Just looked and i now have 15 over 100, with Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire both over 400. I have 2 in the 90's with Devon 1 off 100. But only 3 in the isle of wight which is lowest.

LazyPyro
beers 8233 º places 63 º 21:17 Sat 11/4/2017

I don't really have enough ratings to play this but let's see...
Just the 2 at the moment, London and Manchester, or 3 if I cheat and count Scotland...
Gloucestershire only needing 3 more rates which I don't even need to try for as I live here so that'll happen very soon.
West Yorkshire will follow closely. The rest I'm absolutely nowhere near, and I still have 7 counties at 0.

FatPhil
beers 26286 º places 998 º 04:41 Sun 11/5/2017

14 over 100, and 5 bubbling under at 80 . 5 rather pitiful under-20s, but 2 of them are predictable.

wheresthepath
beers 3460 º places 284 º 04:42 Sun 11/5/2017

4 over 100 at present - London, Bucks, Suffolk, and Wilts. Oxfordshire very close to 100.

Unfortunately still have 6 counties under 10, although I'm slowly working on that - it's down from 8 counties at the start of the year.

Rutland unsurprisingly the lowest with 4.

BlackHaddock
beers 15545 º places 1056 º 05:21 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by wheresthepath

Rutland unsurprisingly the lowest with 4.

Oakham is a lovely little town and the Grainstore Brewery Bar is well worth visiting. My wife and I had a romantic weekend in Oakham last year to help my Rutland ratings. Although I had been to Grainstore four or five times before and also popped into The Exeter Arms (Barrowden) once when they still brewed.

Baker's Dozen and Stony Ford are rates from the Peterborough CAMRA fests.

With all that effort I still only have 20 rates from Rutland.

<*))))))><

imdownthepub
beers 26216 º places 2122 º 05:46 Sun 11/5/2017

I have just 5 more counties to go to push through 100 ratings after I bagged Durham last weekend, that one has been a real struggle.
Those to go are :-
Surrey currently on 86
East Yorkshire - 85
Northumberland - 68

Then the 2 impossible dreams of :-
Rutland - 29
Isle of Wight - 17

Both Surrey and East Yorkshire have picked up over the last year so I am hopeful for those, Northumberland is quite tricky in our area and no current plans to re visit.

jjsint
beers 7768 º places 1340 º 06:13 Sun 11/5/2017

Oakham is a lovely little town and the Grainstore Brewery Bar is well worth visiting. My wife and I had a romantic weekend in Oakham last year to help my Rutland ratings. Although I had been to Grainstore four or five times before and also popped into The Exeter Arms (Barrowden) once when they still brewed.

Baker's Dozen and Stony Ford are rates from the Peterborough CAMRA fests.

With all that effort I still only have 20 rates from Rutland.

I had a ratings weekend in Rutland last year and it didn't help as much as I'd hoped, although the lovely Grainstore Brewery Bar is very good.

Bakers Dozen are excellent IMO. They popped up quite a lot in Cambridge/Ely and not surprisingly now I'm in Leicester due to proximity. Stoney Ford is harder and would mostly be festivals I'd guess. I saw them at the Robin Hood festival but didn't get around to them.

BlackHaddock
beers 15545 º places 1056 º 06:32 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by jjsint

I had a ratings weekend in Rutland last year and it didn't help as much as I'd hoped, although the lovely Grainstore Brewery Bar is very good.

Love the Grainstore Brewery Bar, but they never seem to have any bottles for taking away. I always ask when there, but the answer is invariably, "no, sorry".

Wye Vale garden centers used to stock their bottles though. In fact garden centers can sometimes be worth checking out. Local beers often available if you look closely enough.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15545 º places 1056 º 11:01 Sun 11/5/2017

Originally posted by imdownthepub

Both Surrey and East Yorkshire have picked up over the last year so I am hopeful for those, Northumberland is quite tricky in our area and no current plans to re visit.

Allendale cans in my local Morrisons!

<*))))))><