EST: Meanwhile in Estonia...

Reads 2405 • Replies 18 • Started Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:19:52 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Marduk
beers 22020 º places 968 º 01:19 Thu 6/28/2012

Hello there,

I know that this forum is not very active. But since I don’t speak finnish, to take part in olutopas.info, I’ll write in here. I hope that my posts will help you to save some time and (hopefully) money in your visits here.

Tallinn:
Kochi Aida Pruulikoda- (future to be) brewpub in harbor, between Rimi and Viinarannasta, has 2 new local beers and 1 kali. Unfortunately, they still don’t brew their own beer there. Both beers come from Viru. But those beers are nothing like typical Viru. Beware, although recipe for beer is unique, batches may vary in taste.

Brewery õlleklubi- Many of you might have noticed "new" restaurant style bar close to town square (pikk 1). Many Laitilan beers + some local beers on tap. You’ve probably also noticed that the prices there are way too high. Well if you have enough time to take a little 20min ride by trolleybus from Balti Jaam to Haabersti Rimi (close to Rocc al Mare centrum) you can buy same beers for half of the price. Check for yourself http://brewery.ee/menuu/joogimenuu/ vs http://www.beeris.ee/hinnad/ Same beer, different names.

And if you ever happen to go to Tartu, they have beershop now. Selection is mostly same as in Drink shop, but you don’t have to drag your beers along to south anymore. You can buy them from Õllepood nr 1. This is how the place is called.

Thats about it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If I can I will help.

FatPhil
beers 26158 º places 995 º 01:14 Fri 6/29/2012

Wow - didn’t know about BeerIS.
Are these new beers from their brewery - Originaalne el - 5,7%, Cherry Sweet - 5,5%?

Oh - tasting, my place, Wednesday! Specially for mjs, we’re cracking open the Chapeau lambics! }:-)

FatPhil
beers 26158 º places 995 º 02:01 Fri 6/29/2012

I’ve got an even better idea - let’s all go to Haabersti first, and do a flight of all 9 beers with mjs first, and then add it to ’Places’ and do a place review? Then we can head back to our place for the Chapeaux.

Marduk
beers 22020 º places 968 º 02:21 Fri 6/29/2012

Originally posted by FatPhil
Wow - didn’t know about BeerIS.
Are these new beers from their brewery - Originaalne el - 5,7%, Cherry Sweet - 5,5%?

Oh - tasting, my place, Wednesday! Specially for mjs, we’re cracking open the Chapeau lambics! }:-)

BeerIS is rather new place. Never been there, but I think they do only take away.

FatPhil
beers 26158 º places 995 º 10:22 Fri 6/29/2012

It looks very much like several similar shops in Latvia and Lithuania. They did permit consumption in the shop, even if there was no sitting down. I’ve not heard from mjs whether he’s up for doing the flight on wednesday. I, obviously, do not have work the next day ;-)

mjs
beers 11415 º places 46 º 11:33 Fri 6/29/2012

I’m quite sure my wife would prefer staying close to the centre because we won’t be in Tallinn for very long. So, at this time, BeerIS is too far way. Eating and drinkin somewhere within or close to the old town is our plan.

FatPhil
beers 26158 º places 995 º 14:12 Fri 6/29/2012

The nosh in Brewery is actually pretty good now, so if you want food and ticks, then that’s your place. However, Chapeaux can only be found Chez Nous.

mjs
beers 11415 º places 46 º 09:13 Sat 6/30/2012

My plans are not to miss Chapeaux. So, don’t wish you can drink them all by yourselves.

Marduk
beers 22020 º places 968 º 04:04 Mon 7/9/2012

Seems that Regalia is expanding. They have opened two new shops in the center of the Tallinn. One is in Narva mnt 31, pretty close to harbor. The other one is located Tartu mnt. 49, close to Stockmann towards central bus station.
The beer selection is not that great in Regalia, but sometimes you might find some crazy russian, latvian or czech beers from there.

FatPhil
beers 26158 º places 995 º 05:07 Mon 7/9/2012

Typical - just when I find out where the Paldiski mnt. one is, it becomes redundant info! Given that I found 5 ticks in that one, it’s certainly worth adding at least the best one to the places section.

Marduk
beers 22020 º places 968 º 00:58 Mon 7/23/2012

Couple of new and interesting beers in Drink Shop. Coconut Porter and Big Swell IPA from Maui brewing Co. Also Tactical Nuclear Penguin and Sink the Bismarck. Those are also available at Drink Baar as shots.