Ever Wanted to Hang Up Your Hat and Stick To Shelfies?

Reads 3730 • Replies 45 • Started Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:07:32 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cheap
beers 8857 º places 328 º 07:22 Sat 4/26/2014

When I first started out rating, there was not much to choose from in the Pgh area, so I would make road trips to ohio and also trade for new brews.

Recently there is this explosion of small breweries, cideries and meaderies all about the area. So, I’ve slowed down on the road trips and rarely trade unless somebody asks for a local brew they can’t get. Shipping has become so expensive over the last decade.

Now I tend to hit up the local brewers. I’m curious if this wave of new brewers is just a passing fad.

Jamesthebrit
beers 422 º places 22 º 08:59 Sat 4/26/2014

Yeah dude... It was this year when I was scrambling for hopslam. Got some busted it open and it was pretty good. But I thought why such a struggle when there are shelf beers that I already know I love and certainly more to be found. Also it’s cheaper that way.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 10:13 Sat 4/26/2014

Along with what I said previously, there are three breweries within five minutes of my house now. Hanging out and one in particular (Austin Beerworks) has provided plenty of fun evenings, great people and good beers.

OKBeerFan
beers 67 º places 1 º 22:14 Sat 4/26/2014

I've only been trading since last August and have done about 60 trades. I'm already tired of the trading game. Ready to chill out and drink/support locals in OK.

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 06:03 Sun 4/27/2014

seeing some of these ISO for the newest BA dark lords makes me want to stick with shelfies.