Extreme Beer Fest Boston

Reads 4840 • Replies 59 • Started Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:01:27 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 07:21 Fri 2/8/2013

My wife and I are currently in Boston. Since we were concerned that driving home on Saturday night might not be a great idea, we added another night to our hotel reservation and are now staying until Sunday. Only did that because at the time I booked the extra night they had officially stated everything would go on as planned. Woke up early this morning to leave by 5:30AM so we’d get into Boston before 9AM, and at that point NOTB was postponed. But since Saturday was still a go, we figured it was still worth it. Get up here and the hotel was great and let us check in at about 9:30. So I’m sitting in my hotel room (after driving past the Cyclorama watching them load ice and stuff in) and see on BA that now everything is postponed. I at least got an email for the postponement of NOTB, but nothing about EBF.
As disappointing as it is that this thing is postponed, it’s even more frustrating that I changed travel plans on the advice of the event organizers, extended my hotel reservation, and didn’t even get notified that it’s off.

Kind of bummed right now, but enjoying a gorgeous view of the snowfall and going to make the best of it.

BEERSS
beers 2 º 07:23 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by RamyG4
It’s unreal how poorly they’ve handled this, from waiting until 1:00am today to officially postpone NOTB (17 hours before the event starts) to not allowing ANY discussion about this on their forums. They still haven’t provided an update for the Saturday sessions after they said they would 7 hours ago.

Seriously how can they even justify this behavior to themselves? They have to be aware of how douchey and/or moronic they’re being, right?

It is bizarre and somewhat scary that their behavior is tolerated as shown by extreme enthusiasm for their website and festivals despite shutting down all free speech, endangering people’s lives, and overall suffering from what can only be clinically diagnosed as egomania, bipolar disorder, and dementia. If their significant others have not had them see psychiatrists then perhaps a lawsuit is in order to force a psych evaluation.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 07:30 Fri 2/8/2013

RESPECT BEER

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 07:37 Fri 2/8/2013

I just sent them an email congratulating them on how they conduct business. Hopefully I will hear back from them.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 07:38 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by BlackIPA
RESPECT BEER

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:43 Fri 2/8/2013

Maybe it’s because I don’t live in the NE and there are a whole plethora of alternatives for festivals, releases, and events to go in and from Chicago.. but I just don’t think I’d want to go to their events..

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 07:44 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
Maybe it’s because I don’t live in the NE and there are a whole plethora of alternatives for festivals, releases, and events to go in and from Chicago.. but I just don’t think I’d want to go to their events..
They wouldn’t want you there anyway.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:46 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by radarsock
Originally posted by TheAlum
They wouldn’t want you there anyway.

That’s very true.

b3shine
beers 12200 º places 372 º 07:57 Fri 2/8/2013

I truly feel bad for all of the people in the beer community getting screwed by how this was handled. Lots of money being poured down the drain unnecessarily. I also don’t understand why they refuse to let their members voice their frustrations; it’s adding insult to injury.

But on a more positive note (at least for this site), I bet this moves a sizable group of (rightfully) disgruntled BA members over to RB.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 08:08 Fri 2/8/2013

Originally posted by mikem409
what a bag of dicks

ISO