Fake Blabaer ’09s Filled w/ Stout/Porter

Reads 17556 • Replies 126 • Started Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:44:57 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Alen
places 1 º 15:42 Thu 9/13/2012

Originally posted by RABinVA
Originally posted by Alen
One leaked, the other beer from the other trade is fine and looks pitch black in the bottle. Never said I’m gonna cellar it.

"this fake 09 is now in my cellar"

Just sayin’....

But seriously, when you pop it open take a lot of pictures of not only the contents but the cork and label, etc. and post ’em here. The more info the better.

Having it in there doesnt mean I’m cellaring it. I have nowhere else to put it. It’s a temporary place.

Alen
places 1 º 15:54 Thu 9/13/2012

The recipient of the leaked bottle is very trustworthy and isn’t a noob to lambics or Blabaer particularly. Some of it leaked but he sent me pics of what remained in bottle and then he tried some. Told me its def not blabaer nor even a sour beer. The cork is made of rubber, no cantillon logo. I don’t think they ever used rubber corks on these. I even saw pics of the beer in a tasting glass and the little head that was left was browm, not pink/rubby.
I myself have had blabaer of most vintages, from batch 1 to the recent batches and they all looked reddish in color when held against light, period.
Given it’s a weekday and I work, I haven’t had time to open my own bottle, but will def open it this weekend and confirm.

mibirder
16:11 Thu 9/13/2012

They should have at least put some Wild Blue in the bottles, what a half assed fake.

Alen
places 1 º 16:15 Thu 9/13/2012

Originally posted by mibirder
They should have at least put some Wild Blue in the bottles, what a half assed fake.

seriously, at least put Le Bleu in there

kbutler1
beers 1383 º places 107 º 16:17 Thu 9/13/2012

No way I’d take a drink from the bottle if it didn’t look/smell like Blabaer, could be mixed with piss for all you know man. And yeah, if it turns out to be a fake whoever did that is a piece a sh*t.

beerdweeb
16:24 Thu 9/13/2012

So does the one you have still have a rubber cork? Seems like an obvious indicator.

Alen
places 1 º 16:27 Thu 9/13/2012

I waxed them, so have to go home remove the wax and check. Also the one from the leakage bottle had a cap w/out the Cantillon drunk man on chair logo. Not sure when these started being used.

mibirder
16:29 Thu 9/13/2012

Originally posted by mibirder

seriously, at least put Le Bleu in there

Le Bleu would be enjoyable, Wild Blue would let you KNOW you’d been had.

crosamich
beers 474 º places 17 º 16:42 Thu 9/13/2012

I waxed them, so have to go home remove the wax and check. Also the one from the leakage bottle had a cap w/out the Cantillon drunk man on chair logo. Not sure when these started being used.

There are certain bottles from 2010/2011 without the logo caps so there isn’t a hard date for that.

beerFool28607
18:38 Thu 9/13/2012

How’d you acquire the bottles?