GBBF 2014

Reads 5093 • Replies 56 • Started Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:31:43 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DJMonarch
beers 15202 º places 82 º 03:34 Sat 8/16/2014

Another wonderful GBBF week meeting up with several old friends and making some new ones too. Ticks wise I managed to pick up all my required US breweries and UK cider and perry farms whilst only missing out on 1 UK brewery. I agree with Leighton about the La Cumbre Project Dank, I had high hopes when I first saw it on the beer list and it certainly didn’t disappoint!

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 04:53 Sun 8/17/2014

Originally posted by jorge76
What was the best italian’s beer in your opinion guys ?!

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/croce-di-malto-hauria/96413/20036/

But I also have about 20 of the bottles to drink at home too.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 05:01 Sun 8/17/2014

GBBF this year was another great one.
OK, so every morning I turned up I felt like death (Thursday and Friday mornings took a bit of time to get moving, the pie and mash shop though provided a great pre-festival meal) but I got a shed load of bottles on the first 2 days to take home
the US casks were solid
there was more seating this year I felt
drinking Keesman Herren Pils whenever I wanted (at least 3 times)
the great guys at the Italian stand especially on Wednesday lunchtime
the general condition of all of the beers
meeting up with so many I know
Meeting the crazy woman from Washington
but the best must be the Friday afternoon when Ken and I went from bar to bar in the main hall drinking beers and just having fun, especially with Andrea at the Dutch/Belgian stand and then the amazing bosom of the woman on one of the UK stands.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 11:32 Sun 8/17/2014

Originally posted by harrisoni
the amazing bosom of the woman on one of the UK stands.

So many of the women I saw on the streets of London were total knock outs.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 12:13 Sun 8/17/2014

Originally posted by DJMonarch
Another wonderful GBBF week meeting up with several old friends and making some new ones too. Ticks wise I managed to pick up all my required US breweries and UK cider and perry farms whilst only missing out on 1 UK brewery. I agree with Leighton about the La Cumbre Project Dank, I had high hopes when I first saw it on the beer list and it certainly didn’t disappoint!

Bsf staff thought so too, got the Michael Jackson award for best US cask

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 10:59 Fri 8/22/2014

I have just started drinking the American IPAs I bought in bottle on the first day of GBBF and man are they super fresh. Like an explosion of fresh hops in the mouth. So impressed. The New Belgium Ranger IPA I just had was completely faultless. Well done everyone associated with getting these beers here so damn fresh.