Get free beer for your tasting groups

Reads 2980 • Replies 42 • Started Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:26:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bytemesis
beers 15380 º places 1601 º 19:42 Thu 2/25/2016

I liked the gose :)
Did not make it to Sovereign; gonna tap out at DC Brau. Next time I am in town, I will take you up on that cellar :P

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 20:43 Thu 2/25/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by Drake
Originally posted by Travlr
btw, our tasting are always open to all Ratebeerians and friends of beer who happen o be in the DC-MD-VA area. so if you’re a small group and can travel, join us

Can’t make the next DC one sadly.

But I WILL get to chill with some Cincinnati folks a few days later!

You wil miss the BEST beer in Africa

So I would have given it, what, 2.8?

Sorry to miss it, but, I guess I have to grow up and be a professional one of these days (in Cincy to visit the law school).

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 20:45 Thu 2/25/2016

Originally posted by Prufrockstar
This is actually a fun question: how many areas have a regular RB tasting group with 10+ people who taste (and rate)? In the U.S., my guess is fewer than 4 such groups exist.

Totally off the cuff here but I am guessing at least two would be DFW and DC. Anybody know of others for sure?

If anyone wants to help start a Cleveland / Akron group I’ve got plenty of beers from the cellar to donate myself.

Prufrockstar
beers 2132 º places 83 º 21:16 Thu 2/25/2016

Originally posted by Brigadier
This is actually a fun question: how many areas have a regular RB tasting group with 10+ people who taste (and rate)? In the U.S., my guess is fewer than 4 such groups exist.

Totally off the cuff here but I am guessing at least two would be DFW and DC. Anybody know of others for sure?

If anyone wants to help start a Cleveland / Akron group I’ve got plenty of beers from the cellar to donate myself.

Minneapolis?

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 21:22 Thu 2/25/2016

Minneapolis?

Yes.

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8499 º places 567 º 21:23 Thu 2/25/2016

Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by KansaiBeerLvrs
Hey Joet, if willing to ship to Japan I’m sure KyotoLefty and I could gather a few more ratebeerians for a tasting not sure if we could get to ten but something in Kansai/Kanto could probably be done. Shoot either of us a message.

Will do. I get requests from places around the world.

Cheer Joet, always fun to taste interesting stuff and see what brewers are up to

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 22:37 Thu 2/25/2016

Originally posted by JK

Minneapolis?

Yes.

We have been doing more local tastings here in Mpls lately - have had a tasting in each of the past 3 months with solid RB representation, so we are gaining some momentum. 3 admins here, and several multi-thousand raters. Beer sent our direction would be put to good use!

Stuu666
beers 28731 º places 502 º 02:11 Fri 2/26/2016

If you ship to the UK we could probably get 10 together at the Edinburgh tasting group that meets at cgarvie’s.

ohiobeer29
03:04 Mon 3/7/2016

Cool idea is this homebrew beer?

SudsMcDuff
beers 8597 º places 190 º 11:39 Mon 3/7/2016

Tried last time and never heard back..