Ghent nightmare

Reads 4089 • Replies 24 • Started Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:30:59 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Bontus
beers 1044 º places 20 º 14:32 Fri 7/31/2015

Originally posted by EdKing
Dranken Geers was fantastic. Case of 12 750ml Saison Duponts for 26 euros!!! Also got a case of Avec Les Bons Voeux for 35 euros and then lots of lambics including lots of Tilquin. Only let down was no Cantillon, no Orval and no Cuvee De Ranke left.

However, got the De Ranke’s and Cuvee Delphine, Panapot Reserva 2010, Panapot Grand Reserva 2010s and some Orvals at Dranken Pauwels. No Orval at Terre de Boisons too. Have you been buying all their stock Ian?

Orval is hard to find in Belgium (Flanders especially). It’s quite random to encounter a case, and you’ll actually have a better chance in Wallonia or in the Netherlands.
But apart from that, Geers is your perfect beer geek candyshop :)

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 15:20 Fri 7/31/2015

Have you been buying all their stock Ian?

yes

Danko
19:51 Fri 7/31/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by chriso
Originally posted by BlackHaddock
I second Velootje: a must visit place (only the once though).

I’ve been several times! However, after the first time it has been with other people I’d told it’s a must visit place (only the once though). The payback for repeat visits was seeing their reaction.

That would be the only reason I would return: although it sounds like it’s not open inside anymore according to one of the posters on this thread.

<*))))))><

It is open inside during summer, if Meneer Lieven fancies your company and it’s too chilly outside. :)

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 20:46 Fri 7/31/2015

Originally posted by chriso
Dranken Geers was fantastic.

Can only echo that. On one visit to Belgium we messed up by schedling our shopping day (and last day in Belgium) for the Pinkster holiday. Emailed Dranken Geers to enquire whether they might, on the off chance, be open. They replied that they would be be closed but would open up specially for us.

Royal visit.