Goodwood Brewing Co.

Reads 1457 • Replies 15 • Started Monday, April 20, 2015 5:41:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 09:41 Wed 4/22/2015

Originally posted by antzman
There has been a ownership split between the brewpubs and the production brewery for years. I know they split well over 10 years ago. Why they both kept the BBC name is beyond me and has caused confusion in the market for years. This was one of the driving causes of them changing their name away from the BBC moniker.

This is really interesting. So - should this be an entirely new brewery listing?

We had a similar situation in Columbus, OH recently. Smokehouse basically operated under the umbrella of Barley’s for years, sharing recipes, but then went totally independent in 2014. It was an arduous process, but we separated the brewers in the database here and got all the beers listed where they needed to be. If the same needs to be done here, let me know because I have some experience with it.

Or if it’s just the new beers under a new brewery, that’s easy.

antzman
beers 325 º places 13 º 12:37 Wed 4/22/2015

They are no longer bottling 12oz beer under the BBC name. There will be a time to sell through what is remaining at the various distributors, and then they will start selling the Goodwood brand. We will definitely be carrying the new brand when it is released. I’ve not heard what that timing will be. I would imagine you will see it in Louisville first, and then the surrounding markets afterwards.

antzman
beers 325 º places 13 º 12:10 Thu 4/23/2015

Originally posted by phaleslu
Originally posted by antzman
There has been a ownership split between the brewpubs and the production brewery for years. I know they split well over 10 years ago. Why they both kept the BBC name is beyond me and has caused confusion in the market for years. This was one of the driving causes of them changing their name away from the BBC moniker.

This is really interesting. So - should this be an entirely new brewery listing?

We had a similar situation in Columbus, OH recently. Smokehouse basically operated under the umbrella of Barley’s for years, sharing recipes, but then went totally independent in 2014. It was an arduous process, but we separated the brewers in the database here and got all the beers listed where they needed to be. If the same needs to be done here, let me know because I have some experience with it.

Or if it’s just the new beers under a new brewery, that’s easy.

I think I would put it in the database as a new brewery with new beers, and then retire the individual beers under the BBC umbrella. BBC will continue on as a brewpub and will still do draft beers. Goodwood will now start brewing under this name. The beers will be similar, but there are recipe tweaks and some new beers under the new name. I think it would be simpler and more helpful for the site users to see this under the new name completely rather than lumping them under the BBC moniker.

shrubber85
admin
beers 15026 º places 435 º 17:20 Thu 4/23/2015

Good - I’ve already added Goodwood as a separate brewery and guess I will go ahead and add the beers currently on their website. Some point this summer hopefully I can talk to one of the brewers to sort out which of the listed BBC beers are theirs.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 09:03 Fri 4/24/2015

Looks great. Seems like the right strategy. Thanks for the input and work, everyone.