Goose Island Bourbon County Stout at local Gas Stations all over Boise

Reads 6373 • Replies 76 • Started Monday, November 23, 2015 8:38:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 13:51 Tue 11/24/2015

I’m interested to see how easy it is to get in Indy this year. The regular BCBS went fast last year, and I don’t know that any variants made it to any shelves at all. Two years ago, I drove around a little, and then some other Indy guy tried to get a store employee fired for not selling him and his wife some when it was sitting behind the counter and the employee didn’t know how to sell rare beer. When I called this ridiculous group out on their antics, I was told "We deserve this beer because we drive around all day and work for it." That’s about when I knew my time in this "community" was over for awhile.

It’s all about dropping thousands to get those Instagram likes now, and kissing up to Instagram people so that they’ll maybe tease you a little bit by pretending that they’ll think about trading you one of their hoarded bottles.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 14:21 Tue 11/24/2015

Originally posted by StFun
I’m interested to see how easy it is to get in Indy this year. The regular BCBS went fast last year, and I don’t know that any variants made it to any shelves at all. Two years ago, I drove around a little, and then some other Indy guy tried to get a store employee fired for not selling him and his wife some when it was sitting behind the counter and the employee didn’t know how to sell rare beer. When I called this ridiculous group out on their antics, I was told "We deserve this beer because we drive around all day and work for it." That’s about when I knew my time in this "community" was over for awhile.

It’s all about dropping thousands to get those Instagram likes now, and kissing up to Instagram people so that they’ll maybe tease you a little bit by pretending that they’ll think about trading you one of their hoarded bottles.

Meh. When I first got on the trade forums in early 2007 (on BA at that time) there were people complaining about how far down hill it’s gone. It’s just a continuation of the beer bro-ification that’s been around since the beginning. The only real difference is how wide the audience is for bragging to.

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 14:24 Tue 11/24/2015

It (regular BC) is actually more limited and harder to get this year in NC than in years past. I think the Rare is seeing increased distro though.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 14:26 Tue 11/24/2015

Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON
It (regular BC) is actually more limited and harder to get this year in NC than in years past. I think the Rare is seeing increased distro though.

Goose said Rare will see national distro and then I hear Vermont, New Hampshire and Mass aren’t getting it.

Glad I went out to Chicago last week and bought my bottles in person.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 14:27 Tue 11/24/2015

Around my parts stores will be getting dozens of cases of the regular, keep in mind those will be 12 packs. I think each store is going to get one case of the BCBBW as well. Pretty sure we are supposed to be getting 30+ cases of the regular. That being said, our areas other variants are all on premise only (think our state got 10 cases each of the other variants, divided up by 3 different distributors).

I’m sure you could find some random store that has no business carrying BCS on the shelf around here a month after release, but I’m sure most stores that have a craft reputation will sell out before the day is over.

douglas88
admin
beers 13196 º places 398 º 15:35 Tue 11/24/2015

Originally posted by DietPepsican
Around my parts stores will be getting dozens of cases of the regular, keep in mind those will be 12 packs. I think each store is going to get one case of the BCBBW as well. Pretty sure we are supposed to be getting 30+ cases of the regular. That being said, our areas other variants are all on premise only (think our state got 10 cases each of the other variants, divided up by 3 different distributors).

I’m sure you could find some random store that has no business carrying BCS on the shelf around here a month after release, but I’m sure most stores that have a craft reputation will sell out before the day is over.

Getting any Rare?

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 15:37 Tue 11/24/2015

No, no rare. All variants are on premise only the distributors aren’t giving stores any bottles.

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 16:00 Tue 11/24/2015

If anyone has access to a case they do not want please message me.

Steve_0
beers 3744 º places 142 º 20:28 Tue 11/24/2015

Originally posted by DietPepsican
No, no rare. All variants are on premise only the distributors aren’t giving stores any bottles.

Taking any orders online?

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 20:36 Tue 11/24/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by StFun

The quality of beer bros has definitely gone downhill since the Goose Island merger. I blame Big Beer.

Meh. When I first got on the trade forums in early 2007 (on BA at that time) there were people complaining about how far down hill it’s gone. It’s just a continuation of the beer bro-ification that’s been around since the beginning. The only real difference is how wide the audience is for bragging to.