Heater Allen in PDX?

Reads 647 • Replies 14 • Started Friday, August 30, 2013 3:32:44 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 11:00 Fri 8/30/2013

Originally posted by joet
Is there any quality difference between bottle and tap? Do you think a bottle or plastic growler would ship?

I prefer the carbonation of the bottles to kegs, and some of the Pils bottles have more yeast in suspension than kegs.

DA
places 1 º 11:49 Fri 8/30/2013

My reading skills suck, thought you were looking for it on tap. Bottles won’t be hard to find, most grocery stores will have them as we’ll as any bottle shop.

nate2g
beers 1548 º places 1290 º 22:54 Fri 8/30/2013

Much obliged all.

No doubt I checked the website, I’ve been rockin’ the internet for years. Just wasn’t sure how up to date the info was, and beer seems to be popular right now in the States re. supply and demand. Will definitely hit up the go-to spots and keep an eye out.

Bring on the good times!

nate2g
beers 1548 º places 1290 º 23:01 Fri 8/30/2013

Originally posted by douglas88
Originally posted by CheersMate
If you want a one-stop shop for Heater Allen, I’d suggest going to Belmont Station. I, typically, find that they have the largest variety of Heater Allen.

There was one day, for example, when I went to John’s and didn’t find a single bottle; however, Belmont Station have 5 different Heater Allen beers.

Others might be able to offer different, more specific places, but I presume you’d be heading to Belmont Station, either way.

+1. Belmont is amazing. When are you going to be in town Nate?

I’ll be in town 20-25 September. Would be wonderful to catch up with peeps for a beer. I’ll be lugging Kiwi beer in my worn backpack, if anyone has requests lemme know!