Hello Friends

Reads 311 • Replies 4 • Started Monday, August 14, 2017 11:38:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 11:38 Mon 8/14/2017

Hey folks, I’ll be in town next weekend visiting family and staring at the sun. Probably won’t have time to meet up with anyone due to family commitments, but I was hoping to get some recommendations:

1. Family friendly place (preferably a brewery) with passable food. Outdoor seating is a plus and good beer is a plus. But honestly, decent food and decent beer in a place that we can have 3 kids under the age of 5 is the most important factor.

2. Best place to buy local singles. The majority of the trip will be spent at our lake house on Lake Cascade, so we’ll be bringing supplies with us. Last time we went I went with some of the pre-mixed cases, but ideally I’d like to find a place that does singles and has a good local selection.

Thanks in advance! And if anyone is up on McCall next weekend, we’ll be there Saturday afternoon/evening and I should be available to grab a beer at one of the breweries in town. Cheers!

footbalm
beers 1219 º places 76 º 07:37 Tue 8/15/2017

If you are going to be in McCall you should plan on hitting The Sushi Bar for supper. Amazing food plus a really good beer selection.

BuckeyeBoy
beers 17578 º places 275 º 08:18 Tue 8/15/2017

Great place to visit for good food and great beer selection Bittercreek not a brewery. Brewery selections with food and kids are ok to join, would be woodland empire, sockeye, cloud 9, 10barrel a few more but if you have limited time.

For picking up singles you will have a few locations, brewers haven, Boise co-op, homebrew stuff, whole foods. Pretty much all local shops will offer a nice selection of singles.

When in McCall like footbalm said the sushi bar is great (also a side note the owner is a long time ratebeer member) heyduke aka Ron is visiting his son in McCall and I am sure would enjoy shareing a beer with you.

Hope this helps and enjoy your time in idaho.

stevoj
beers 16130 º places 1243 º 09:45 Tue 8/15/2017

Ditto what Buckeyeboy said. Even Albertsons has a decent bottle selection. The Ram has a great patio on the Greenbelt with the river running by. Payette has a big yard and a few lawn games, and sometimes has food trucks.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 10:19 Fri 8/18/2017

Thanks for all the info, guys!