RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Help identifying a UK brewery

read 1069 times • 15 replies • posted 10/9/2012 3:30:56 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
_angst_ 2377:31
Howdy!

Have had the chance to try a beer from a UK brewer that is supposed to be called New Wave. Their beers Electric Fandango and Melody Maker were available at this years Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival through their importer and have also been served at some pubs in Stockholm.

There doesnít seem to be any information about them anywhere though so I thought Iíd ask here to see if any of you have heard of them?

Regards
Alex
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
BenH 2027:6
Melody maker could be this

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/williams-brothers-melody-maker/187962/

Not sure though.
10/9/2012 3:42:56 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
That could be correct. Apparently the beers could have arrived with a shipment from Williams Brothers. At least found a post saying so on a Swedish beer-site when trying to google for some answers, so not sure how trustworthy it is. Sadly that wasnít the one I tried and Iíve found no clues about the Electric Fandango so far.
10/9/2012 4:04:06 AM

premium
KnutAlbert 5789:274
10/9/2012 5:15:35 AM

premium
Beersiveknown 2473:64
Probably both Williams bros
10/9/2012 5:23:48 AM

premium
chriso 7344:356
New Wave is certainly not an "actual" UK brewery. As far as I know, these beers have not been available in the UK - looks like they are only on sale in Scandinavia / Baltic region. Probabaly some sort of label beer specifically for that area. Who brews them is anyoneís guess at the moment and, since we donít get them here, thereís not likely to be any easy way of finding out.
10/9/2012 5:27:04 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 13196:151
Ok New Wave are something to do with CraftCentric the small import/export/delivery company out of Edinburgh.

So i will ask, but it 99% certain that its william bros
10/9/2012 7:11:21 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 13196:151
10/9/2012 7:16:38 AM

premium
BenH 2027:6
Melody maker could be a rebadge of impale ipa based on the description in its only review. May be worth checking
10/9/2012 7:53:49 AM

FatPhil 8632:278
Originally posted by _angst_
Have had the chance to try a beer from a UK brewer that is supposed to be called New Wave. Their beers Electric Fandango and Melody Maker were available at this years Stockholm Beer & Whisky festival through their importer and have also been served at some pubs in Stockholm.

Ah, perhaps the pump clip did have a íNWí kind of motif on it, I couldnít really recognise what it was trying to be at the time. When I added Melody Maker yesterday, I based my "Williams" deduction 100% on data from untappd. So if itís wrong, blame them!
10/9/2012 1:57:05 PM

premium
Thanks for all your info. Let me know if you find anything out when asking those craftcentric guys. Probably Williams Bros then but lets make sure :)
10/9/2012 3:17:31 PM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers