RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Northern California | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Help me Plan a San Francisco Pub Crawl

read 1013 times • 15 replies • posted 3/12/2012 7:20:19 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
admin
joet 2156:91
I like both 21A and Thirsty Bear, especially if Iím going to sit down and eat. Thirsty Bear has delicious Spanish tapas and cleaner profile but generally well done beers in a sort of businessy environment whereas 21Aís beers are more of a focus and the food is delicious pub grub.

If those are both close to your hotel, then you should also hit up City Beer which is also in the South Of MArket district.

Random liquor stores in SF are also sometimes interesting for just finding a bottle to sip with lunch or hanging at the hotel.

3/15/2012 3:42:45 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Frank 2814:54
Damnit. City beer is closed on Monday. Seems a shame to miss the highest rated place so maybe Iíll try to swing by there Tuesday. Weather might be crummy too in which case I am not sure what Iíll do. Lots of good beer options and a day and a half to do them in. More pubs need to be open at nine so I can get more in. I also need to be twenty-five again.

It looks like somebody entered a whole bunch of places including the hotel bar in the Mariott Iím at. The nice thing about finding new beer when youíre traveling is a lot of stuff thatís everywhere in San Francisco, I canít get here at all.
3/15/2012 5:25:49 PM

premium
kmweaver 3206:116
Originally posted by Frank
It looks like somebody entered a whole bunch of places including the hotel bar in the Mariott Iím at. The nice thing about finding new beer when youíre traveling is a lot of stuff thatís everywhere in San Francisco, I canít get here at all.

There are so many fun beer places in San Francisco. That chapter in our beer guide (wonít be out for another couple months) has 46 entries, and we still had to leave out a bunch of good places that didnít make the cut.

Looking back through the thread, you can probably skip Pizza Orgasmica (iffy execution all around) and even Alembic (most of the cool stuff when I stopped by was from Magnolia) in favor of other stops. Alembicís a nice stop one way or another though, just a bit limited.

Suppenkuche is right around that same area (open after 5, I believe), if youíre interested in a fun dining stop and limited-release German offerings. I didnít see that mentioned before. Biergartenís also neat to see, but I think theyíre closed earlier in the week.

I may try to make it down to Lagunitas with Joe if you guys end up getting something together. (That said, my life is not my own as of late.) Safe travels!

3/15/2012 5:51:01 PM

premium
Current plan is for Saturday afternoon around three for Lagunitas.

Pizza Orgasmica is kind of out of my way anyway so I was probably going to skip it regardless. It does seem like thereís enough good places in San Francisco that I can wander around randomly and find enough good beer to keep me satisfied.
3/16/2012 7:32:41 AM

premium
I must say this town is really great for beer. Just finishing off a pint with lunch at Magnoliasís and having a hell of a good time. Cheers to everyone for all your help!
3/19/2012 1:33:55 PM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search