Help me Plan a San Francisco Pub Crawl

Reads 1558 • Replies 15 • Started Monday, March 12, 2012 7:20:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 15:42 Thu 3/15/2012

I like both 21A and Thirsty Bear, especially if I’m going to sit down and eat. Thirsty Bear has delicious Spanish tapas and cleaner profile but generally well done beers in a sort of businessy environment whereas 21A’s beers are more of a focus and the food is delicious pub grub.

If those are both close to your hotel, then you should also hit up City Beer which is also in the South Of MArket district.

Random liquor stores in SF are also sometimes interesting for just finding a bottle to sip with lunch or hanging at the hotel.

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 17:25 Thu 3/15/2012

Damnit. City beer is closed on Monday. Seems a shame to miss the highest rated place so maybe I’ll try to swing by there Tuesday. Weather might be crummy too in which case I am not sure what I’ll do. Lots of good beer options and a day and a half to do them in. More pubs need to be open at nine so I can get more in. I also need to be twenty-five again.

It looks like somebody entered a whole bunch of places including the hotel bar in the Mariott I’m at. The nice thing about finding new beer when you’re traveling is a lot of stuff that’s everywhere in San Francisco, I can’t get here at all.

kmweaver
beers 3208 º places 116 º 17:51 Thu 3/15/2012

Originally posted by Frank
It looks like somebody entered a whole bunch of places including the hotel bar in the Mariott I’m at. The nice thing about finding new beer when you’re traveling is a lot of stuff that’s everywhere in San Francisco, I can’t get here at all.

There are so many fun beer places in San Francisco. That chapter in our beer guide (won’t be out for another couple months) has 46 entries, and we still had to leave out a bunch of good places that didn’t make the cut.

Looking back through the thread, you can probably skip Pizza Orgasmica (iffy execution all around) and even Alembic (most of the cool stuff when I stopped by was from Magnolia) in favor of other stops. Alembic’s a nice stop one way or another though, just a bit limited.

Suppenkuche is right around that same area (open after 5, I believe), if you’re interested in a fun dining stop and limited-release German offerings. I didn’t see that mentioned before. Biergarten’s also neat to see, but I think they’re closed earlier in the week.

I may try to make it down to Lagunitas with Joe if you guys end up getting something together. (That said, my life is not my own as of late.) Safe travels!

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 07:32 Fri 3/16/2012

Current plan is for Saturday afternoon around three for Lagunitas.

Pizza Orgasmica is kind of out of my way anyway so I was probably going to skip it regardless. It does seem like there’s enough good places in San Francisco that I can wander around randomly and find enough good beer to keep me satisfied.

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 13:33 Mon 3/19/2012

I must say this town is really great for beer. Just finishing off a pint with lunch at Magnolias’s and having a hell of a good time. Cheers to everyone for all your help!