HOTD Matt release

Reads 1257 • Replies 14 • Started Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:19:12 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 15:14 Mon 10/14/2013

Originally posted by writerljberg
Originally posted by waltersrj
Why should Alan have to change his business practices for anyone? Nobody should expect to get in line at 7:55 to get bottles of Matt, CAftW, or AftW. Otto, Michael, FftW, BFftW are less liked by some and last multiple days. If you would like to have some beer, you clearly need to show up 4-8 hours before hand. People whine about this after every release...just go early and if you can’t then I guess you missed out...

Nobody should expect people to be so greedy that they need 2 cases of Matt. Nor should anyone expect that Washingtonians will pack into a car to make the trip down with their mules on a Friday night.

No doubt the hoarders come from any state, though the worst hoarder I saw a couple years ago was a Seattleite. He was the one I was thinking of when I wrote that.

Alan doesn’t have to change anything--it’s really cool that he encourages aging by allowing case sales. But it’s a different market today and there’s not much the community can do to stop bulk-buying by hoarders.

waltersrj
beers 280 º places 2 º 15:18 Mon 10/14/2013

I agree that people don’t need two cases for themselves and every Seattleite that I know that regularly hit the HotD releases (including myself) will only pick up more than our own allotments to send out to regular traders or friends that could not make it down. I’m sure that there are plenty of Portlanders tht do the same thing.

douglas88
admin
beers 13197 º places 398 º 16:03 Mon 10/14/2013

Originally posted by waltersrj
Why should Alan have to change his business practices for anyone? Nobody should expect to get in line at 7:55 to get bottles of Matt, CAftW, or AftW. Otto, Michael, FftW, BFftW are less liked by some and last multiple days. If you would like to have some beer, you clearly need to show up 4-8 hours before hand. People whine about this after every release...just go early and if you can’t then I guess you missed out...

You’re missing the point: he doesn’t have to. But it would be better if he did. You say get there earlier, at some point people are staying overnight to get some bottles. We can’t keep making people wait forever to get a beer. Or better said, we should not. If you think people in line for hours should get 0 bottles while people right in front of them get 24, I disagree. Again, not what has to be done, but what should be. People are getting all flustered talking about rights etc. This is not about legal matters but this is about best practices. My main problem frankly was the 60 or so people who mostly waited 2-4 hours and didn’t get any Matt. That sucks, I know it. We don’t have to let people down like that. My solution was a smaller limit. Others exist like not allowing more people in line. Or using the wristbands better so that people beyond 100 understand that they are probably not getting any.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 01:45 Wed 10/16/2013

Was there at least beer on tap to make the waiting (standing?) in line bearable?

Alan should let people pre-order cases over the website, one per person. Maybe half the stock, the other half the normal way.

More power to him in any ...erm... case!