If this local forum goes

Reads 3938 • Replies 45 • Started Wednesday, January 18, 2012 8:20:32 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 10:46 Fri 1/20/2012

what is our progress? From my understanding it doesn’t take much just to throw a forum up. Nowadays everyone seems to be using the same exact outline. We can purty it up later.

JohnF
11:34 Fri 1/20/2012

I’ve got the domain registered, as soon as the forum software is installed and hosted somewhere, I’ll point the domain there.

theisti
beers 5287 º places 1153 º 12:05 Fri 1/20/2012

I am not against a separate site such as CraftBeerKC.com just feel like everyone is really overreacting here. Joe mentioned this change is not complete yet.

My $0.02

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 12:07 Fri 1/20/2012

Patience! I just talked to the boss about doing it for real, and am awaiting a response. It might not happen until next week, potentially.

While it doesnt take much effort from what I understand either, this is all being done for free at my place of employment, and setting up our free totally non-work related site isn’t exactly at the top of the engineering department’s to-do list...

hwwty4
beers 1 º places 1 º 12:29 Fri 1/20/2012

Originally posted by theisti
I am not against a separate site such as CraftBeerKC.com just feel like everyone is really overreacting here. Joe mentioned this change is not complete yet.

My $0.02

My issue is the fact the only reason I use RB is for the KC forum. I jump on the main page, scan the forum for new local threads and if there arnt any I move on. I didnt even realize this thread was going on until this morning.

Also, I think having a site like STLhops would be wonderful for KC.

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 13:15 Fri 1/20/2012

To clarify for anyone that cares, to me, having a separate forum for KC craft beer is something that could have (maybe even should have) been in place already, and it’s something I’ve thought about from time to time.

This latest change here on RB just happened to provide some impetus for that. The more I thought about it, the more it sounded like something interesting to be a part of and just something to throw out there to see if KC is ready for that sort of thing. I think it is, but we’ll see what happens.

Once stlhops.com was pointed out as an example of a resource that pretty much everyone agrees would be extremely cool to have, I figure why not at least get the ball rolling by setting up the form part of such a site.

I’ve never put up a web site before despite being a computer geek (other than my own free personal webspace offered by my ISP), and it might be educational and useful to others, so why not? My chance to give something back to the Internet. I’ve only ever been a user before, having a site that I help to maintain sounds like something I would want to try.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 13:49 Fri 1/20/2012

Originally posted by theisti

My $0.02

I like to stir trouble and overreact but I am going to agree a lot with Eric; this idea is long overdue. Even if the local metros returned to their previous state, a need for a local beer website still exists (I say that even though I will likely be moving out in 1.5 years).

TheJermis
09:45 Sat 1/21/2012

Eugenefliesthecoopinsearchofoldbeer.com?

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 22:12 Tue 1/31/2012

I can’t keep up with the threads. Will posts from the KC forum every pop up on the front page again?

theisti
beers 5287 º places 1153 º 06:21 Wed 2/1/2012

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
I can’t keep up with the threads. Will posts from the KC forum every pop up on the front page again?

Below "Star for a Day" it appears to be updates of my subscribed local forums. Not exactly the same as before, and it also does not appear to be completely displaying all updated posts. Something on the main forum page, at least.