ISO: Unrated Lambic. FT: American brews IP Belgium / Copenhagen

Reads 1766 • Replies 22 • Started Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:49:55 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 08:49 Sun 3/2/2014

I’m coming to Europe at the end of April, there are a few lambic beers I want to try. I’d prefer to just share them in person with RateBeer people than bring them back. I can bring stuff to share as well.

Looking for:
Malvasia Rosso
J&J Roze
Millennium Gueuze
’02 Oude Gueuze Vintage
Unblended Saint Lamvinus
Zwanze ’13 (went to a wedding so I missed this release)
high Gravity cantillon
Crianza
JCN
DHVL Gueuze
Zwanze 2011
Mikkeller double-blueberry (yes, really)
50th Anniversary 3F
Fond Gueuze Bierpallieters
De Neve Gueuze

Keep in mind here I have very little idea what most of these trade for. Some are quite high so that’s why I’d prefer to share than trade. Or if there’s a place we can go to buy these and share the cost, info would also be appreciated. Thank you.

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 08:57 Sun 3/2/2014

Can you swing by in antwerp ? I can offer some, but only for tasting , no trading i’m afraid ...

77ships
beers 14200 º places 929 º 09:06 Sun 3/2/2014

The following should be available at De Heeren van Liedekerke:
Malvasia Rosso (very expensive)
J&J Roze (very, very expensive)
Crianza (very, very expensive)
DHVL Gueuze (expensive)
De Neve Gueuze (reasonable)

Never released in Belgium:
Unblended Saint Lamvinus (I think Akkurat only)
Mikkeller double-blueberry (I think their bar & webshop only, very expensive, Kraddel might have this)

The following should be on tap at Chez Moeder Lambiek Fontenais during Kwintessens:
Zwanze ’13 (normal)

Chez Moeder Lambiek Fontainas should have it:
Zwanze 2011 (very, very expensive)

Should be available during Kwintessens:
High Gravity Cantillon (included cost event)

Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst should have this:
Fond Gueuze Bierpallieters (very expensive, too bad you only mention this one now, I used to some)

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 09:07 Sun 3/2/2014

ships, to my knowledge, they don’t have the 11 . If they do , please include me as I am intrested in a bottle split ( split costs ) of it !

77ships
beers 14200 º places 929 º 09:13 Sun 3/2/2014

Originally posted by kraddel
ships, to my knowledge, they don’t have the 11 . If they do , please include me as I am intrested in a bottle split ( split costs ) of it !

I checked the reviews, someone mentions having a bottle there, pretty that I have even drank one there but that was a while ago. They didn’t have many, we got it due to buying one of the 200+ € bottles. It is worth inquiring if you are interested, they might have it even if it is not on the menu.

I have had it I think 4 or so times, definitely better aged than on draft. Not going to chip in for something that is probably a easily 100+ €.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 09:37 Sun 3/2/2014

Kraddel, I’d prefer to drink these beers with friends instead of trade for them. I’m not going by rarity, just RB’s Top 50 has these and I’ve never rated them. So sharing a bottle with American brews would be awesome.

I plan on being in Antwerp only one day though (after the Cantillon event). I have a car so could come Sunday night instead since Zythos is Saturday for me.

77ships, Thank you for the links. I was assuming they would be expensive. If I can find 4 other beer geeks in town for Zythos / Quintessence that have not had these, that would be great. By expensive you mean like 100 Euro a bottle?

77ships
beers 14200 º places 929 º 09:44 Sun 3/2/2014

These are estimates from memory for prizes, they should give you an idea but I might be off.

Malvasia Rosso ~ +/- 60 €
J&J Roze ~ +/- 125 €
Crianza ~ I think that a small one was 60 € or something, not sure
DHVL Gueuze ~ +/- 35 €
De Neve Gueuze ~ +/- 15 €

Really not sure about Fond but I do not think that it was less than 50 €

JulienHuxley
beers 6219 º places 450 º 11:38 Sun 3/2/2014

Zwanze 13 is available for on-site consumption at Cantillon.

poech73
beers 594 º places 24 º 13:18 Sun 3/2/2014

I don’t have any of the bottle you want but I’d love to share a beer with you when you’ll be in Brussels

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 13:46 Sun 3/2/2014

Julien and Eugene, thanks! I’m going to try and hit De Herren on Sunday April 27th to try some of those. Roze is a bit high but the other 4 I could do...I’d happily pay half of each bottle cost and split the bottles 4 ways still if anyone is interested?

Poech, SURE! I’m arriving the 24th of April for Night of the thirst and Zythos, then in Ghent 28-30 then Brussels on Thursday the 31st.

poech73
beers 594 º places 24 º 15:01 Sun 3/2/2014

Originally posted by adamjackson
Julien and Eugene, thanks! I’m going to try and hit De Herren on Sunday April 27th to try some of those. Roze is a bit high but the other 4 I could do...I’d happily pay half of each bottle cost and split the bottles 4 ways still if anyone is interested?

Poech, SURE! I’m arriving the 24th of April for Night of the thirst and Zythos, then in Ghent 28-30 then Brussels on Thursday the 31st.

Graet! We stay in touch then