jercraigs UK Visit - September

Reads 1097 • Replies 16 • Started Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:28:46 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 14:58 Fri 8/28/2015

I will be in UK south of London around that time, returning to London on 29 September. Our next meeting will have to be in the States!

jercraigs
beers 14874 º places 1051 º 15:38 Fri 8/28/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
I will be in UK south of London around that time, returning to London on 29 September. Our next meeting will have to be in the States!

Come up to Toronto! The exchange rate is dramatically in your favour!

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 10:26 Sat 8/29/2015

Originally posted by jercraigs
Originally posted by Travlr

Come up to Toronto! The exchange rate is dramatically in your favour!
yeah, I need to do Toronto properly soon. I’ve enjoyed two very short visits (once for work and once on a four hour layover). But still haven’t been to Volo and some other key places.

jercraigs
beers 14874 º places 1051 º 09:25 Mon 9/14/2015

Mostly just bumping this just in case not everyone is out of town, lol :) I fly in Thursday morning. Getting excited!

BeerViking
beers 9209 º places 134 º 10:30 Mon 9/14/2015

Lots of stuff happening around London this coming weekend - a festival of Welsh beers, another of Scots beers, the Rainbow thing, a festival at Windsor & Eton Brewery, open days at Weird Beard ( http://wbbcnews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/september-20th-our-next-open-day.html) and By The Horns ( http://goo.gl/QByvE3), etc etc. Check out the events section.

ThirstyBird
beers 3099 º places 53 º 03:06 Tue 9/15/2015

If you are doing the Harry Potter tour at the studio then you will be in Hertfordshire. For beer there in Hertfordshire, St Albans has some nice pubs. I live in Berkhamsted and would highly recommend it. There are three local breweries and two of them are quite good - Tring and Red Squirrel. In town there are 10 or so pubs with The Rising Sun being excellent as well as the new Red Squirrel Brewery Shop which is a bottle shop and has around 10 taps craft/cask to drink on site or for growler fills. They sell their own beer and guest beer as well.

Berkhamsted is a beautiful town situated right on the Grand Union canal and has a castle ruin right next to the train station which is easy to get to from Watford Jct. Plenty to do to entertain a family for an afternoon or a day.

Let me know if you head out this way, I’d be happy to meet up for a pint!