London Beer About Town - July

Reads 5237 • Replies 45 • Started Monday, June 30, 2014 3:35:06 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

madmitch76
beers 37078 º places 240 º 16:15 Wed 7/30/2014

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by Gary
Keep your extreme beer right then and there.There’s your "beer about town ".

So I should pour the 24 bottles of Orval I just bought down the drain then? OK.

Orval is perfect, other opinions are NOT available.

Leighton
beers 33792 º places 1204 º 16:56 Wed 7/30/2014

Originally posted by mR_fr0g
Speaking of legitimate; Are London Beer Lab legit? Looks like a learn to make homebrew setup and then pick the beer up when it’s done. Do they sell beer commercially?

It’s a little unclear but the current consensus seems to be that they are not a proper brewing enterprise, i.e. they are not rateable. I haven’t seen their beers for sale anywhere, either. The brewery and beers were added by a US admin who I don’t think did much research on them. If you hear anything, let me know.

Niall73
beers 2623 º places 2 º 23:15 Thu 7/31/2014

You can buy their own beers from the brewery and from CBC Brixton so that should make them legit?

Niall73
beers 2623 º places 2 º 09:56 Fri 8/1/2014

Hi folks - currently in stormbird, camberwell, enjoying a half of siren ratchet. It was £2.50 a half - I could swear it was on for £6 a half a CBC Brixton not that long ago - is that right? If so, what's the reason for the price differential? Anyone know?

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Leighton
beers 33792 º places 1204 º 10:04 Fri 8/1/2014

Originally posted by Niall73
Hi folks - currently in stormbird, camberwell, enjoying a half of siren ratchet. It was £2.50 a half - I could swear it was on for £6 a half a CBC Brixton not that long ago - is that right? If so, what’s the reason for the price differential? Anyone know?

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

The CBC/CPK pubs seem to be charging £6.00 per special Siren beer. I checked the Cask Pub & Kitchen list today and they are selling both Ratchet and Shattered Dream for £6.00 per half.