Look Out Munchen

Reads 1538 • Replies 24 • Started Thursday, September 22, 2016 3:05:52 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1563 º places 1908 º 03:44 Fri 9/23/2016

I’m not in Shropshire for the first weekend and probably not the second. I may be able to get some bottles via Wingmissus but will seek them out during the rest of October.

I have my tartan trolley full of panda pop bottle ready to roll.

A decent little beer scene in the Wellington and Oakengates. Glad to see it being celebrated.

BlackHaddock
beers 15455 º places 1053 º 05:40 Fri 9/23/2016

Originally posted by WingmanWillis
I’m not in Shropshire for the first weekend and probably not the second. I may be able to get some bottles via Wingmissus but will seek them out during the rest of October.

I have my tartan trolley full of panda pop bottle ready to roll.

A decent little beer scene in the Wellington and Oakengates. Glad to see it being celebrated.

I had already booked flights and stuff for half of October before I was asked to ’do something’, so am only in Wellington the first and last weeks of the festival. Add The Crown Inn at Oakengates and their 30 hand-pull Oktoberfest plus the CAMRA beerfest in Shifnal during October too and we are awash with new cask beers. You are right also, insomuch that Wellington and Oakengates has a good, growing beer scene, long may it continue to grow.

I look forward to seeing you and your trolley (Mick The Tick style) on my local streets.

PS. You can get less beer in a Yakult bottle!

<*))))))><

minutemat
beers 14673 º places 551 º 06:35 Fri 9/23/2016

Originally posted by WingmanWillis

And across Shropshire as well. Just had to add a couple of breweries from Shrewsbury Beer Fest this week. Plus a few others i’ve heard of recently. Ness Brewery from Nesscliffe, Gorgeous Brewing from Madeley, Black Brook from Mold and Swan from Leominster. Rest assured Real Ale is alive and well in Shropshire!

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 07:05 Fri 9/23/2016

No panda pops necessary for me. If the wind is blowing in the right direction I will rate the fumes from London. Thanks

BlackHaddock
beers 15455 º places 1053 º 02:08 Wed 9/28/2016

Oompah Band now booked for the ’Grand Opening’, looking forward to filling our market with people again (hopefully).

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15455 º places 1053 º 02:10 Wed 9/28/2016

Originally posted by The_Osprey
No panda pops necessary for me. If the wind is blowing in the right direction I will rate the fumes from London. Thanks

I wondered how you had caught me so quickly in the ratings, must stop farting.

<*))))))><

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:07 Wed 9/28/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
PS. There are only nine.

Which was the brewery that turned you down? Still, I suppose replying in the negative is better than the seven that didn’t bother to reply.

BlackHaddock
beers 15455 º places 1053 º 07:55 Wed 9/28/2016

Two breweries said they were brewing to capacity (Three Tuns and Chapel), but would have loved to take part and The Six Bells came on board late, after I bumped into their head brewster last week. So only six did not reply in the end.

The email addresses I used might have been old, or went to the wrong person: so I have no real gripe with those that did not reply. Could not be bothered to chase them up. They will get a second chance next year as the festival hopefully grows. Instead of German ingredients, next year it will be ’Shropshire ingredients’, local honey, bog myrtle, lavender, etc, etc.

<*))))))><

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1563 º places 1908 º 16:30 Fri 10/7/2016

Managed to get a pint of the Ironbridge beer.
Hobsons didn’t really make much of an effort. Rebadged Twisted Spire.
Will try and pick up some bottles.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 20:31 Fri 10/7/2016