MD-PA brewery hopping

Reads 390 • Replies 10 • Started Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:40:32 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 12:40 Wed 8/17/2016

In my continued quest to rate local places before I move, the Prince of Puntland and I are planning to do some rural brewery visits this Saturday, Aug 20:

- breakfast in Bel Air then Independent Brewing
- Millstone
- Falling Branch farmhouse brewery
- South County, PA
- Manu Forti, PA
- either Aldus Brewing or Black Cap in Red Lion, maybe Wyndridge as well

if anyone wants to met us anywhere, just let me know. Planning to hit Independent when it opens at 11.

beastiefan2k
beers 5013 º places 294 º 19:26 Wed 8/17/2016

Damn, you will be right in my neck of the woods. But I am doing Campground Brewdown this weekend. Sorry to miss you.

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 07:43 Sat 8/20/2016

Well, looks like 295 is a parking lot from DC to past BWI. 95 is completely blocked at the Beltway. we’re gonna try side streets til we get to Laurel and go from there.
Another brewery day out foiled by DC traffic.

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 09:40 Sat 8/20/2016

Would of hooked up with you at FB but workin today AGAINDAMMIT!

books_n_brews
beers 163 º places 4 º 16:44 Sat 8/20/2016

Did similar with maniac last week. Joboy is tasty as hell and worth a visit

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 22:19 Sat 8/20/2016

How,d it go Gene?

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 07:52 Sun 8/21/2016

It was another good trip. The two highlights of the day were Independent (best beer) and Falling Branch (best atmosphere).
Manu Forti was the biggest disappointment (really just s sports bar that features Bud Light).
And we avoided traffic for pretty much the entire day, just a bit of stop-n-go as we approached Bel Air.

Next trip: VA & WV (Stumptown in Davis)

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 09:23 Sun 8/21/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
It was another good trip. The two highlights of the day were Independent (best beer) and Falling Branch (best atmosphere).
Manu Forti was the biggest disappointment (really just s sports bar that features Bud Light).
And we avoided traffic for pretty much the entire day, just a bit of stop-n-go as we approached Bel Air.

Next trip: VA & WV (Stumptown in Davis)

Falling Branch have their tasting room (barn) open yet? Its been a while since i’ve been there. Sounds like you had a good time. Nice!

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 10:33 Sun 8/21/2016

not yet. The current tasting room is in a renovated barn, under an overhang but rxposed to the elements, no brewing equipment visible. I assume they’re opening an indoor taproom in the newer white barn next door, yes? Is that where the brewhouse is?

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 15:26 Mon 8/22/2016

I believe they’re gonna have the tasting room/bar in the barn over top the outdoor bar that’s there now. The white barn is the brewery. I asked about a tour of it the last time I was there. Young man said there was no plans for brewery tours any time soon as the brewery was a mess. I imagine the new tasting room will be online before the weather gets cold.

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 15:29 Mon 8/22/2016

Originally posted by sloth
I believe they’re gonna have the tasting room/bar in the barn over top the outdoor bar that’s there now. The white barn is the brewery. I asked about a tour of it the last time I was there. Young man said there was no plans for brewery tours any time soon as the brewery was a mess. I imagine the new tasting room will be online before the weather gets cold.

I’ll miss their transition, but would definitely revisit next time I’m back. Yeah, current taproom would be difficult in the winter.