More upcoming Craftsman events

Reads 1157 • Replies 17 • Started Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:28:17 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 13:28 Tue 9/24/2013

Hey all. Just checking in with an update on events at Craftsman Table & Tap for the rest of 2013.

Wednesday, Sept 25th: Oktoberfest & Tap Takeover. We’re tapping four different Oktoberfest beers (Weienstephan, Spaten, Ayinger, Central Waters). Also, I’ll be running Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale through a hop rocket with cinnamon sticks and cacao nibs!

Tuesday, October 21st: Horror Movie Double Feature! Join us in the private upstairs lounge for Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Final Sacrifice) at 5:00, and then stick around for Cabin in the Woods at 7:00. No fee!

Tuesday, October 2tht: Another Double Feature! 5:00 film is TBA, but we’ll be screening The Exorcist at 7:00.

Wednesday, October 30th: Sixpoint Tap Takeover! Tap list TBA.

Thursday, November 21st: Barrel-Aged Beerology. Join me at 6:00 pm in the private lounge for a sampling of five different barrel-aged offerings. The fee for this session is $30, due upon registration. I’m working on the list right now, and will post it ASAP!

November, (date to be determined): Toppling Goliath Tap Takeover! I thought that might get your attention. Pseudo Sue and Golden Nugget will be on draft, as well as a couple more great TG brews, and probably a firkin.

Happy to answer any questions, either on this thread, or in person at the restaurant. Cheers all!

nuplastikk
beers 9843 º places 73 º 20:30 Wed 9/25/2013

nuthin wrong with some MST3K

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 05:24 Thu 9/26/2013

Originally posted by jlruthven
November, (date to be determined): Toppling Goliath Tap Takeover! I thought that might get your attention. Pseudo Sue and Golden Nugget will be on draft, as well as a couple more great TG brews, and probably a firkin.

What’s your normal price for full pours at tap takeovers?

And yeah--better prepare for lots of beards and brewery t-shirts at this one. ’Sgonna bring the beer nerds out of the woodwork!

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 06:43 Thu 9/26/2013

Originally posted by nuplastikk
nuthin wrong with some MST3K

Sage words.

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 06:51 Thu 9/26/2013

Originally posted by madvike
Originally posted by jlruthven

What’s your normal price for full pours at tap takeovers?

And yeah--better prepare for lots of beards and brewery t-shirts at this one. ’Sgonna bring the beer nerds out of the woodwork!

Yeah, I’m putting the staff through beer-nerd bootcamp for this one. If they can’t correctly identify the vintage of a DLD t-shirt at first glance, I make them chug something from Capital.

Price-wise, it depends on the beer. Pseudo and Golden Nugget will likely sell for less than $7 per pint, while the specialty stuff (e.g., Alesmith Vietnamese Speedway) can go as high as $12.

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 21:13 Fri 9/27/2013

The Bruery Bois (on tap) is confirmed for the next Beerology!

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 08:05 Tue 10/8/2013

Bump. PLUS...

We’ve nearly finalized the tap list for Barrel-Aged Beerology:

New Holland Pilgrim’s Dole
Ichtegem Grand Cru
Victory Red Thunder
The Bruery Bois

And something from Central Waters. Also, come by and sign up by Friday to get a free tap beer!

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 07:55 Sat 10/26/2013

Final bump, all. Just confirmed Central Waters Le Petite Mort as the fifth beer. We’ve got about eight or so spots left.

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 07:57 Wed 11/6/2013

I know I said final bump, but...

We hit a snag. Due to unforeseen hangups, we were unable to get the Pilgrim’s Dole. HOWEVER...

We have an equally cool beer for a replacement: Green Flash Cedar Plank. To anyone who was planning on coming, sorry about the last-minute switch.

Cheers.

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 09:07 Mon 11/18/2013

So, Josh. What’s the secret Toppling Goliath firkin for this week’s tap takeover?

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 21:05 Mon 11/18/2013

Originally posted by madvike
So, Josh. What’s the secret Toppling Goliath firkin for this week’s tap takeover?

So...yeah. The brewers didn’t pull any beer for the firkins this month (expansion pains, etc). BUT...

we are going to have Riwakan Dead, one of their newest pale ales, on tap in place. Pseudo Sue, Dorothy, Smoove Opferator, and Zeelander will round things out.

Matt, I hope you and some of the other guys can stop by. This will be my first tap takeover where I get to roam the floor in regular people clothes, talk to customers, and generally schmooze.