New Beer in Colorado

Reads 11299 • Replies 140 • Started Friday, August 2, 2013 2:11:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 18:39 Thu 9/12/2013

Originally posted by TAR
The IPA is okay, too, but the rampant dirtiness in a few of their other products (Anvil ESB, Old Numbskull/BA Old Numbskull, Wee Heavy, most of the Decadence series) has left me scratching my head in befuddlement. Many of them tend to be underattenuated. So it goes.

Agreed, but it has been a long time since I’ve done reviews, so I certainly want to retry a few...there’s always a chance things have improved. I wonder what sort of prices they will go for here.

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 18:54 Fri 9/13/2013

Originally posted by Ernest
I wonder what sort of prices they will go for here.

And the answer to this, at least at Hazel’s, is:

$6 for bombers (IPA, Pale Ale, Brown, ESB)
$14 for 750s (Wee Heavy, Horny Devil)

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 19:31 Fri 9/13/2013

I wonder what sort of prices they will go for here.

And the answer to this, at least at Hazel’s, is:

$6 for bombers (IPA, Pale Ale, Brown, ESB)
$14 for 750s (Wee Heavy, Horny Devil)

Hahahaha. Hopefully people will vote with their dollars and boycott this silliness. Even if the beers happened to be great, which they are not, this is str8 wacky.

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 19:51 Fri 9/13/2013

Well, the ESB is a sour drain pour. Sigh.

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 20:18 Fri 9/13/2013

Well, the ESB is a sour drain pour. Sigh.

I toldja so, I toldja so! But it was just too much fun splurging on a $6 drain pour, wasn’t it?!

notalush
beers 7124 º places 452 º 20:43 Fri 9/13/2013

Hey you guys! TRVE is releasing a SOUR ALE! And they’ve started a "barrel aging program!" Yippie!

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2013/09/trve_brewing_will_bottle_its_f.php

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 21:38 Fri 9/13/2013

Originally posted by TAR
I toldja so, I toldja so! But it was just too much fun splurging on a $6 drain pour, wasn’t it?!

Hey now, would you be enjoying Epic Wit right now if I hadn’t been a guinea pig? Or how about River North 1st Ann? Even average breweries sometimes pull a Homer. And yo, $6 is like 60 cents to me, fine sum1 else 2 be yo guinea pig.

I sure as heck ain’t gonna bother with those $14 bottles now, though...especially given how poor Horny Devil and Wee Heavy were the last time I tried them.

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 21:51 Fri 9/13/2013

Originally posted by TAR

Hey now, would you be enjoying Epic Wit right now if I hadn’t been a guinea pig? Or how about River North 1st Ann? Even average breweries sometimes pull a Homer. And yo, $6 is like 60 cents to me, fine sum1 else 2 be yo guinea pig.

I sure as heck ain’t gonna bother with those $14 bottles now, though...especially given how poor Horny Devil and Wee Heavy were the last time I tried them.

No, no I take it back, buddy. Tonight I enjoyed another bottle of Epic Wit. You are my favorite guinea pig on the north side of Boulder!

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 21:55 Fri 9/13/2013

Originally posted by notalush
Hey you guys! TRVE is releasing a SOUR ALE! And they’ve started a "barrel aging program!"

"...says Nunns, who got advice from two of Colorado’s foremost sour beer experts, Jason Yester of Trinity Brewing and Chad Yakobson of Crooked Stave."

This reminds me a bit of the brewer from BRU saying he learned stuff from Upslope. Esp. the mention of Trinity, which is the butt of jokes across the country (world?) over the whole 7-day "gueuze" fiasco. Just in case you missed this:

notalush
beers 7124 º places 452 º 22:16 Fri 9/13/2013

Originally posted by notalush
Hey you guys! TRVE is releasing a SOUR ALE! And they’ve started a "barrel aging program!"

"...says Nunns, who got advice from two of Colorado’s foremost sour beer experts, Jason Yester of Trinity Brewing and Chad Yakobson of Crooked Stave."

This reminds me a bit of the brewer from BRU saying he learned stuff from Upslope. Esp. the mention of Trinity, which is the butt of jokes across the country (world?) over the whole 7-day "gueuze" fiasco. Just in case you missed this:

Holy shit, that’s hilarious.