New Terms & Conditions

Reads 2053 • Replies 24 • Started Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:32:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

rennat42
beers 5365 º places 205 º 22:32 Wed 9/28/2016

Guidelines

Reviewers should endeavor to review products under fair and reasonable environmental conditions. Product sample reviews significantly affected by severe weather conditions -- including but not limited to dust storms, hail, tornado, extreme heat wave, hurricane, flood, earthquake or volcano -- or in environments affected by very heavy tobacco or wood smoke, or heavy olfactory interference such as in an portable toilet or perfume store, or while under water should not be added.

Reviewers should endeavor to review products under fair and reasonable personal conditions. Users should not review products when they are under extreme psychological or physical stress (e.g. while being waterboarded/tortured, running a mile for time, in warzones in live fire, while extremely intoxicated by alcohol or poison, while unable to breathe, being repeatedly punched in the face, while unplanned skydiving, aflame, etc.).

Just got asked to Accept the new "Terms & Conditions" when logging on. While I generally appreciate all the advances of this site, this has gotten out of hand. How JoeT expects me to rate beers in any circumstances other than the ones listed above I do not know. I primarily rate while unable to breathe during a tornado or while driving my truck around chasing cows with extreme flatulence in the corn field. Does this mean I have to take all my ratings seriously now? He obviously got me to actually read the Terms and Conditions. This man will do everything to deprive you of your rating freedoms.

blipp
beers 14861 º places 219 º 22:59 Wed 9/28/2016

I’ll sign literally anything.

b3shine
beers 12200 º places 372 º 23:03 Wed 9/28/2016

I only rate hot goldes with a chaw in during tornado warnings.

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 23:16 Wed 9/28/2016

I suck all my beers through a marshmallow filter with my head in an over filled with pig shit. Thank God that’s not on Joe’s list or there goes 9000ish rakes

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 23:18 Wed 9/28/2016

hahaha! I’m glad you read it!

muzzlehatch
beers 4975 º places 327 º 23:26 Wed 9/28/2016

"unplanned skydiving". Whew, glad that was specified as I’m on a planned skydive right now. Pouring the beer and discerning the aroma can be a challenge but after so many years and thousands of dives I think I’ve got it.

BTW no mention of whether or not de-alcoholizing the beer before drinking it is OK? I’ll take that as a yes.

blipp
beers 14861 º places 219 º 23:27 Wed 9/28/2016

I do not give Ratebeer or any entities associated with Ratebeer permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. By this statement, I give notice to Ratebeer it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute).

OKBeerFan
beers 67 º places 1 º 23:38 Wed 9/28/2016

I was about to post this same thread. LMAO

anstei
beers 3818 º places 87 º 02:37 Thu 9/29/2016

So what actually changed regarding TOS and privacy policy? I find the box with options "accept" or "log out" with no explanation of what those changes were quite offensive and obnoxious.

But yeah, no more under water rating. :(

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 03:26 Thu 9/29/2016

Bugger, my last rate was from a portable toilet as I free falled to earth from a burning transport plane, I actually landed in a perfume factory (on a lavender bed).

I will remove the rate forthwith.

<*))))))><

minutemat
beers 14700 º places 551 º 04:30 Thu 9/29/2016

Bottle dregs the morning after a tasting are still cool right..?