NO MORE TRADES!

Reads 32191 • Replies 186 • Started Sunday, April 22, 2012 9:26:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 11:57 Tue 4/24/2012

It’s cool to sell beer on ebay, it’s cool to buy beer on ebay.

But for me personally I only like to send beer in trade to people who intend to drink it, rather than profit off my effort in sending it to him.

So even though I virtually never trade anymore, I appreciate people bringing this to light. Not because I want to take the moral high ground, just because I want to know what other traders are doing with the beer. Cheers!

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 11:57 Tue 4/24/2012

Well, this thread was looking for "no more trades." It looks like the OP got his wish.

Originally posted by jtclockwork
Well, this thread was looking for "no more trades." It looks like the OP got his wish.

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 12:01 Tue 4/24/2012

Originally posted by Phischy
Originally posted by Cletus
Originally posted by Glouglouburp
Now that the entire ratebeer is reading this thread, it is time to ask the ultimate question: Is Orval overrated?

I don’t know, but I will trade you some Orval for some rare Cantiloons!

Remember AJ plans to go to Belgium and buy all the Cantiloons and 3F and cases of Westy 12 so he can ship himself back 13 cases!!!

Yeah, but he is going to spend all his money and get stuck in Belgium, so I will just go to his house and steal all his cases for myself. It’s all good and Canaan is a small place so I can easily figure out where he lives.

gn0sis
beers 79 º 12:05 Tue 4/24/2012

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
Originally posted by gn0sis
This is a perfect example of how less is more when it comes to ones online presence. It goes back to the old saying, don’t s**t in your own backyard. Don’t leave a digital trail of lies that can never be erased. Dont say you don’t ebay beers and then post your(otherwise untraceable) ebay username in screenshot for all to see. AJ has provided all the fodder for the backlash and present uprising, he has only himself to blame. I suppose he is a self proclaimed social media guru with "no less than 10 twitter accounts", so he should’ve known it inevitable that this was all going to surface at some point. Sad day for beer, sad day for New Hampshire, sad day for AJ -becuse he’s stuck in the middle of nowhere and he won’t be able to buy Hill Farmstead anymore.

Really think Shaun would ban him from buying at the brewery? I mean it would be awesome and I think Shaun is against people doing that with his beer and hopefully it would stop others from doing the same shit but that would suuuuucccck for that dude.

Shaun has posted on the brewery FB page about his bottles showing up on eBay before- it seemed to trouble him greatly. At a minimum, its highly frowned upon to tout your local brewery and turn around and resell the bottles at huge markups. I cannot imagine that he would let AJ purchase beer from him knowing there was even a chance he would resell again. That’s just my take, maybe Shaun can chime in.

*Perhaps if it were for an emergency or a medical treatment, reselling beer on ebay could be forgiven. In this case however, it seems AJ is a highly acclaimed social media guru who is currently booking gigs through the William Morris Agency and likely doesn’t need the money, perhaps he’s just doing this all for a lark.

wickedpete
beers 636 º places 5 º 12:09 Tue 4/24/2012

This is a perfect example of how less is more when it comes to ones online presence. It goes back to the old saying, don’t s**t in your own backyard. Don’t leave a digital trail of lies that can never be erased. Dont say you don’t ebay beers and then post your(otherwise untraceable) ebay username in screenshot for all to see. AJ has provided all the fodder for the backlash and present uprising, he has only himself to blame. I suppose he is a self proclaimed social media guru with "no less than 10 twitter accounts", so he should’ve known it inevitable that this was all going to surface at some point. Sad day for beer, sad day for New Hampshire, sad day for AJ -becuse he’s stuck in the middle of nowhere and he won’t be able to buy Hill Farmstead anymore.

Really think Shaun would ban him from buying at the brewery? I mean it would be awesome and I think Shaun is against people doing that with his beer and hopefully it would stop others from doing the same shit but that would suuuuucccck for that dude.

Shaun has posted on the brewery FB page about his bottles showing up on eBay before- it seemed to trouble him greatly. At a minimum, its highly frowned upon to tout your local brewery and turn around and resell the bottles at huge markups. I cannot imagine that he would let AJ purchase beer from him knowing there was even a chance he would resell again. That’s just my take, maybe Shaun can chime in.

*Perhaps if it were for an emergency or a medical treatment, reselling beer on ebay could be forgiven. In this case however, it seems AJ is a highly acclaimed social media guru who is currently booking gigs through the William Morris Agency and likely doesn’t need the money, perhaps he’s just doing this all for a lark.

They aren’t too happy with him right now, in any case.

SuzyGreenberg
beers 1604 º places 32 º 12:11 Tue 4/24/2012

HOTD Adam > adamjackson

don’t really care what he does, but the whole thing is pretty hilarious...if he sells all his beer, what will go in his $10K beer cooler thingamabob?

CLevar
places 23 º 12:13 Tue 4/24/2012

Originally posted by wickedpete

They aren’t too happy with him right now, in any case.

Laughing. So. Hard.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 12:18 Tue 4/24/2012

Where did your blank post go stfun?

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 12:19 Tue 4/24/2012

im sorry adam jackson, this trading/selling shit is for real, never meant to make shaun hill mad, do you aplogize a thousand times?