Oh, no! What broke?

Reads 2379 • Replies 32 • Started Monday, January 19, 2015 1:23:51 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Kevin
beers 2228 º places 58 º 22:05 Mon 1/19/2015

when i originally went nomad i left all my beer at Lump’s about 6 years later he drives all my beer to me. i have some really nice stuff that has sat in an air conditioned house under the stairs- around 60 degrees. bringing a nice bottle to a friend, he swings by my house to meet. i had him the bottle, his phone rings. he sits it on the roof of his car, as i reach out to grab it it slides the other way and shatters on the street. he never got another beer from me. and never will.

EskimoDave
beers 2 º 22:16 Mon 1/19/2015

Who has a 23 year kid at home?

OKBeerFan
beers 67 º places 1 º 22:20 Mon 1/19/2015

Recently did a trade for 2 bottles of Bourbon County Brand Barleywine. 1 bottle broke in shipment. Was bummed, but at least I got a bottle to try.

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 23:12 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by MadShaolin
I work in retail, and everyone in the shop has that cat like reflex after a crash. Eyes wide open, slowly poking their head around the corner hoping it was nothing important.

Buzzardsuds
06:02 Tue 1/20/2015

Originally posted by craftycarl21
Sounds like all 22 ounces of your Abyss might have "broken" into your daughter’s gullet. LOL! No, I saw the broken glass in the trash and some sweet Abyss residue on the garage floor! She’s a Leiny, Hoegarden type drinker, but learning! Actually, I don’t think I would’ve been as upset, if she drank it! More like proud and happy it didn’t go to waste!

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 06:07 Tue 1/20/2015

Originally posted by McGrupp612
I have a small fridge that I kept my bottles in. My father in law pulled a bottle and drank it, it was too warm for his liking. He cranked the fridge thermostat to get my beer colder and didn’t tell me and didn’t turn it back after he left . Three days later I went to the fridge and all of my lambics and sours were frozen, corks popped and oozing out. I lost batch 2 consecration, batch 4 temptation, Lou Pepe kriek, framboise, and gueze, a 1990s bottle of cantillion kriek, 3 Fou Founes, and the remaining 3 Sam Adams boston lagers that he put in there for himself.

Sheeeeeeeeeeit!

I’m lucky that I’ve only broken a bottle once and that it was a replaceable Pumking. The bottom door of my fridge collapsed as I opened it.

Buzzardsuds
07:00 Tue 1/20/2015

Originally posted by McGrupp612
I have a small fridge that I kept my bottles in. My father in law pulled a bottle and drank it, it was too warm for his liking. He cranked the fridge thermostat to get my beer colder and didn’t tell me and didn’t turn it back after he left . Three days later I went to the fridge and all of my lambics and sours were frozen, corks popped and oozing out. I lost batch 2 consecration, batch 4 temptation, Lou Pepe kriek, framboise, and gueze, a 1990s bottle of cantillion kriek, 3 Fou Founes, and the remaining 3 Sam Adams boston lagers that he put in there for himself.

Dude, that sucks! Don’t you love father-in-laws? Sounds exactly like something mine would’ve done!

Buzzardsuds
07:01 Tue 1/20/2015

Originally posted by EskimoDave
Who has a 23 year kid at home?

Posts like this, is what brings threads down!

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 07:08 Tue 1/20/2015

I once turned around in a packed beerstore and tipped a large bottle from Birra Del Borgo on the floor. Owners made no problem out of it and cleaned it up right away...

Had 2 or 3 exploding bottles, 1 or 2 bottles that opened up (cork popping out), 1 bottle in the incoming mail that broke and 1 bottle in the outgoing mail...

Too much broken bottles...

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 07:22 Tue 1/20/2015

I think the only bottle I’ve managed to break upon dropping was the elusive Swedish bottling of Pabst Blue Ribbon. So yeah, no damage done really. It has happened a few times when working behind the bar that bottles (and cans actually) has opened accidentally (tipping over in the fridge, when carrying a lot of bottles in a case etc), but that only results in more after hours beer...