Paris - 9 mars au 9 juin

Reads 1627 • Replies 13 • Started Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:47:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

tom10101
beers 6528 º places 287 º 07:47 Wed 2/5/2014

Bonjour,

Je serai à Paris du 9 mars au 9 juin et je serais fort intéressé à rencontrer quelques ratebeerians de la région, que ce soit pour partager quelques bières (ou même me joindre à un groupe de dégustation si c’est une possibilité) et/ou pour aller faire quelques virées en Belgique ou à d’autres endroits intéressants côté bière.

Je tenterai d’apporter quelques bières québécoises/américaines à partager dans mes bagages!

Au plaisir,

Tommy

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 08:14 Thu 2/6/2014

Bonjour Tommy,

Looks like you are planning a pretty epic trip. Work related? Since I work in Paris I am there all the time. Of course it also means that Friday night are usually better for me. French RateBeerians are not very concentrated (except perhaps some in the Strassbourg and Lille area), so there ar eno frequent tasting groups. I would be very happy to join for a beer though - let me (us) know what your plans are. And North American beers are always very welcome of course. ;)

Eric

tom10101
beers 6528 º places 287 º 08:44 Thu 2/6/2014

Hi Eric,

It’s mostly work related, but I will have plenty of time for beer related activity too!

Thanks for the info about the absence of tasting groups.

I will keep you updated about my plans, but I will definitely be interested to meet around a beer (Friday night or any other day).

Up to now, beer related plans includes:

- April 18-19-20: DHVL / both Moeder / Grote Dorst
- April 25th: Night of the Great Thirst (Eizeringen)
- April 26th: Zythos Beer Festival (Leuven)
- April 27th: Grote Dorst (Eizeringen)
- May 1st: Cantillon Quintessence (Brussels)
- May 2nd & 3rd: St-Bon-Chien Festival (Brussels)
- May 24th: Week-end of the Spontaneous Fermentation (Buggenhout)

I also plan to visit Marseille, Lyon, Amsterdam, Ghent, Brugge, Antwerp and London for beer (& non-beer) related activity.

Plus I will definitely participate to Paris Beer Week and Ratebeer French Gathering (if it works and occur while I’m in France).

JulienHuxley, a friend who actually lives in Netherlands, will probably join at least 1-2 time(s) for tastings in Paris.

Cheers,

Tommy

Fux
beers 4 º 13:28 Thu 2/6/2014

Hello Tommy, as I told you earlier, I’m often in Paris too, so I would be glad to meet you for a beer at La Fine Mousse or L’Express (14th of March would be a suitable date for me for instance).
Don’t hesitate to make a pit stop in Montelimar on your way to the South.
Are you planning to come back to Paris between Zythos and Quintessence? (I’ll be at Zythos and night of the great thirst too but I haven’t planned accomodation yet).

tom10101
beers 6528 º places 287 º 13:51 Thu 2/6/2014

Hi Fux,

March 14th would be nice to meet and for a drink at La Fine Mousse or L’Express!

I’ll definitely let you know if I can make a pit stop in Montelimar.

I’m coming back to Paris between Zythos and Quintessence. I was planning to go to DHVL on Sunday after Zythos with two other ratebeerians (JulienHuxley and AdamJackson). We haven’t planned accomodation for Night of the Great Thirst or Zythos yet, but we will probably do it in a near future. If you go/come back to/from any of these event by car from/to Paris and you want a passenger, I would definitely be interested in sharing costs.

Cheers,

Tommy

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 22:47 Thu 2/6/2014

Ha, yeah I see JulienHuxley being right at home in The Netherlands, joining for lots of beer festivals and tasting. :) He’s in beer-terms better off that you, having to move to Paris... the tragedy! But seriously, the beer scene is so active in The Netherlands (and the cities close together) that you can do beer tastings almost every week. In France... not yet.

Luckily, there IS lots to explore and Paris is a good starting point for sure. The 14th of March sounds like a fine date for me too.

But seriously, Marseille for beer related activties?

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 23:21 Thu 2/13/2014

I am good for March 14th too! Can be available as early as 17:00.

tom10101
beers 6528 º places 287 º 08:16 Tue 2/18/2014

Sounds good for March 14th! You guys can choose the place and I will meet you there at the time you prefer! :) Also, if you want to do a small bottle share sometime, I will have a couple of Hill Farmstead and Barrel-aged Dieu du Ciel with me.

As for Marseille, the missus want to visit the city and go to the museum there. ;) I don’t have high beer expectations for Marseille, but I will at least try to visit 1-2 beer related places in the area. Maybe La Cane Bière? Brasserie de la Plaine? Fietje?

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 00:52 Wed 2/19/2014

Originally posted by tom10101
Sounds good for March 14th! You guys can choose the place and I will meet you there at the time you prefer! :)

I want to stop by Les Trois 8, a new bar that’s apparently already a great stop. And La Cave à Bulles is close from there.

Also, if you want to do a small bottle share sometime, I will have a couple of Hill Farmstead and Barrel-aged Dieu du Ciel with me.

Oh yes I would LOVE to trade a bottle for Hill Farmstead. What type of thing are you looking for? I don’t have a huge amount of stuff in my cellar, but there should be some De Molen, some American niceties and a couple of nice French bottles...

I don’t have high beer expectations for Marseille, but I will at least try to visit 1-2 beer related places in the area. Maybe La Cane Bière? Brasserie de la Plaine? Fietje?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Fux
beers 4 º 13:24 Sat 2/22/2014

I’ve never heard of les Trois 8, but if you want to meet there, that sounds good. We can meet at la Cave à Bulles prior from that for a bottle share maybe?

poech73
beers 594 º places 24 º 10:26 Sun 2/23/2014

Si vous êtes à Bruxelles le 3 mai, je serai ravi de partager des bières avec vous. J’ai moi-même des bonnes bouteilles à échanger ( voir mon beercellar) Cheers !