PCBW 2016

Reads 2592 • Replies 49 • Started Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:46:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
11:46 Wed 4/6/2016

Besides the absolute avalanche of events at Caliente and all the KBS, CBS, and BCBS events, any events that you guys are looking forward to attending?

http://pittsburghcraftbeerweek.com/pcbw-events/

The two that look interesting to me are the collaboration event at Spoonwood on Saturday the 16th and "Battle of the Barrels" at Market District Shadyside on Tuesday the 19th.

Anyone have a list of the other collaboration beers for this year?

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 12:55 Wed 4/6/2016

Here are the collaborations. There is also one from Full Pint and Lavery that I heard about that isn’t on the list.

http://pittsburghcraftbeerweek.com/2016-collaboration-beers/

The Helltown IPA is very very good.

As for events, I still unfortunately find the event listing to be extremely frustrating to browse, I’m sure there is something that might interest me but I’m overlooking it because I don’t feel like browsing 11 pages of listings.

I’m thinking about going to the Battle of the Barrels, but if it looks crazy at 4pm I’m bailing.

We’re doing a Meet the Brewer local tap takeover at the North Shore Rivertowne (4/17) Brewers Olympics at Grist House (4/24) and the Beer Review Poetry Slam night at Apis (4/21)

HornyDevil
14:20 Wed 4/6/2016

Originally posted by lithy
Here are the collaborations. There is also one from Full Pint and Lavery that I heard about that isn’t on the list.

Outside of the IPA that you mentioned, the porter that you guys brewed is the only other one that I can see being good.

We’ll have to see, though.

Beerman6686
beers 6607 º places 149 º 19:23 Wed 4/6/2016

Originally posted by HornyDevil
Originally posted by lithy

Outside of the IPA that you mentioned, the porter that you guys brewed is the only other one that I can see being good.

We’ll have to see, though.

^^ This. I feel like expecting anything more than mild amusement for Pittsburgh beer week is a waste. Just the wrong hands in the pot.

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 12:59 Sat 4/9/2016

I’ll be doing some stupid things with beer at that place I work. Like I do.

cheap
beers 8841 º places 328 º 13:11 Sat 4/9/2016

I think I’ll do eggs & kegs at the Monaca Bocktown, 4/16. They say they’ll have flights of these beers at 8AM.

Also, I must be out of the loop because I don’t know about some of these brewers. Are they real breweries? Not listed in RB.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 13:38 Sat 4/9/2016

Originally posted by cheap
I think I’ll do eggs & kegs at the Monaca Bocktown, 4/16. They say they’ll have flights of these beers at 8AM.

Also, I must be out of the loop because I don’t know about some of these brewers. Are they real breweries? Not listed in RB.

Any names in particular? I can give you any details I know.

As always lately, there is a rolling list of seemingly 10-20 "breweries in planning" that are involved in various ways in public evens. Since they aren’t licensed yet, they can’t be added to the Ratebeer database. I bet they’re on Untappd though.

cheap
beers 8841 º places 328 º 13:45 Sat 4/9/2016

I figured they would have to be real breweries if they’re participating in the PCBW collaboration brews.

War Streets Helicon Mindful 11th Hour

I now see helicon is opening just a minute away from my school

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 14:13 Sat 4/9/2016

War Streets is an in planning brewery in the Mexican War Streets area. Last I heard, was going to be a small (1bbl?) brewhouse. Not sure on opening date.

Helicon is an in planning brewery in Oakdale by a couple guys who have been in TRASH (local homebrew club) for some time. Medium sized (15bbl I think) brewhouse planned to open this summer.

Mindful is in planning in Castle Shannon in the old McGinnis Market on Library Rd. 10bbl brewhouse, farm to table type brewpub menu, planned opening this summer.

11th Hour is in planning in Lawrenceville, toward the river side of Butler St and 38th. Medium sized brewhouse planned, not sure on opening date plans.

Beerman6686
beers 6607 º places 149 º 15:46 Sat 4/9/2016

Originally posted by mtoast

Your events definitely interest me.

mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 22:51 Sat 4/9/2016

Originally posted by Beerman6686
Originally posted by mtoast

Your events definitely interest me.

Rule #1 of Beer Week: Do cool shit or go the fuck home.