Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach

Reads 983 • Replies 17 • Started Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:44:05 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Blazer06
06:52 Mon 4/29/2013

Originally posted by drowland
^what they all said. Hit Pensacola Bay and McGuires. If you can make it to Destin there is a newer decent brewpub called Props. The plus side is there’s a good liquor/beer store in the same shopping center.

Take Blazer’s recc with a grain of salt... sometimes it ends up being a honey blonde or something dumb! But still good advice!

Guess I should have said it might be something you aren’t interested in but it is not on a menu so you have to ask. I like the barleywine, it wasn’t on when I was there Friday but I saw a fermenter with barleywine in it.

OmegaX
beers 1383 º places 21 º 15:45 Mon 4/29/2013

Originally posted by Blazer06
^what they all said. Hit Pensacola Bay and McGuires. If you can make it to Destin there is a newer decent brewpub called Props. The plus side is there’s a good liquor/beer store in the same shopping center.

Take Blazer’s recc with a grain of salt... sometimes it ends up being a honey blonde or something dumb! But still good advice!

Guess I should have said it might be something you aren’t interested in but it is not on a menu so you have to ask. I like the barleywine, it wasn’t on when I was there Friday but I saw a fermenter with barleywine in it.

Looks like I’ll definitely be hitting up McGuire’s. I’ll have to check out the secret beer, also. And no worries on the style, If it’s beer, I’ll probably enjoy it.

Thanks for all the replies and advice in the thread!

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 16:41 Mon 4/29/2013

Originally posted by OmegaX

Looks like I’ll definitely be hitting up McGuire’s. I’ll have to check out the secret beer, also. And no worries on the style, If it’s beer, I’ll probably enjoy it.

Thanks for all the replies and advice in the thread!

I hit McGuire’s Destin location and Props back in December since they were very close to each other. McGuire’s was really good, but also really busy. Not sure about the Pensacola location. Props have not only their beers on tap but a few other local breweries as well which made it nice to have a broad sampling.

OmegaX
beers 1383 º places 21 º 18:16 Mon 4/29/2013

I hit McGuire’s Destin location and Props back in December since they were very close to each other. McGuire’s was really good, but also really busy. Not sure about the Pensacola location. Props have not only their beers on tap but a few other local breweries as well which made it nice to have a broad sampling.

Good to know, I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks, Shig.

OmegaX
beers 1383 º places 21 º 18:21 Sun 5/5/2013

Thanks for the recommendations folks. McGuires had a very fun atmosphere and great food, with nice beer on top of that. I really liked Pensacola Bay Brewery. It’s such a nice little brewery with a laid-back feel to it. Everyone there was awesome and the beer was pretty good. Cheers, everyone!!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:42 Sun 5/5/2013

MOTHER FUCKER I SAID IT WAS STILL GOOD ADVICE! I’M NEVER TALKING TO YOU AGAIN!

Just kidding. Let me know when you’re in Jax!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:42 Sun 5/5/2013

Originally posted by OmegaX
Thanks for the recommendations folks. McGuires had a very fun atmosphere and great food, with nice beer on top of that. I really liked Pensacola Bay Brewery. It’s such a nice little brewery with a laid-back feel to it. Everyone there was awesome and the beer was pretty good. Cheers, everyone!!

Glad you had a good time even though it’s a borderline beer wasteland!