RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

pensacola/fort walton beach

read 635 times • 17 replies • posted 4/28/2013 2:44:05 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
Blazer06
Originally posted by drowland
^what they all said. Hit Pensacola Bay and McGuires. If you can make it to Destin there is a newer decent brewpub called Props. The plus side is thereís a good liquor/beer store in the same shopping center.

Take Blazerís recc with a grain of salt... sometimes it ends up being a honey blonde or something dumb! But still good advice!

Guess I should have said it might be something you arenít interested in but it is not on a menu so you have to ask. I like the barleywine, it wasnít on when I was there Friday but I saw a fermenter with barleywine in it.
4/29/2013 6:52:56 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
OmegaX 1250:21
Originally posted by Blazer06
^what they all said. Hit Pensacola Bay and McGuires. If you can make it to Destin there is a newer decent brewpub called Props. The plus side is thereís a good liquor/beer store in the same shopping center.

Take Blazerís recc with a grain of salt... sometimes it ends up being a honey blonde or something dumb! But still good advice!

Guess I should have said it might be something you arenít interested in but it is not on a menu so you have to ask. I like the barleywine, it wasnít on when I was there Friday but I saw a fermenter with barleywine in it.

Looks like Iíll definitely be hitting up McGuireís. Iíll have to check out the secret beer, also. And no worries on the style, If itís beer, Iíll probably enjoy it.

Thanks for all the replies and advice in the thread!
4/29/2013 3:45:03 PM

premium
SHIG 3568:204
Originally posted by OmegaX

Looks like Iíll definitely be hitting up McGuireís. Iíll have to check out the secret beer, also. And no worries on the style, If itís beer, Iíll probably enjoy it.

Thanks for all the replies and advice in the thread!

I hit McGuireís Destin location and Props back in December since they were very close to each other. McGuireís was really good, but also really busy. Not sure about the Pensacola location. Props have not only their beers on tap but a few other local breweries as well which made it nice to have a broad sampling.
4/29/2013 4:41:20 PM

premium

I hit McGuireís Destin location and Props back in December since they were very close to each other. McGuireís was really good, but also really busy. Not sure about the Pensacola location. Props have not only their beers on tap but a few other local breweries as well which made it nice to have a broad sampling.

Good to know, Iíll keep that in mind. Thanks, Shig.
4/29/2013 6:16:47 PM

premium
Thanks for the recommendations folks. McGuires had a very fun atmosphere and great food, with nice beer on top of that. I really liked Pensacola Bay Brewery. Itís such a nice little brewery with a laid-back feel to it. Everyone there was awesome and the beer was pretty good. Cheers, everyone!!
5/5/2013 6:21:30 PM

premium
drowland 5998:172

MOTHER FUCKER I SAID IT WAS STILL GOOD ADVICE! IíM NEVER TALKING TO YOU AGAIN!

Just kidding. Let me know when youíre in Jax!
5/5/2013 7:42:03 PM

premium
drowland 5998:172
Originally posted by OmegaX
Thanks for the recommendations folks. McGuires had a very fun atmosphere and great food, with nice beer on top of that. I really liked Pensacola Bay Brewery. Itís such a nice little brewery with a laid-back feel to it. Everyone there was awesome and the beer was pretty good. Cheers, everyone!!

Glad you had a good time even though itís a borderline beer wasteland!
5/5/2013 7:42:23 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers