Pils Pride fest at Birrificio Italiano, May 10-11.

Reads 1403 • Replies 7 • Started Thursday, April 3, 2008 12:54:23 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

evanrail
beers 74 º places 3 º 12:54 Thu 4/3/2008

Hey guys, I just added this one to the Events page (I’m finally figuring out how things work around here). It’s a festival of Pilsner-style beers from around Europe at Birrificio Italiano, May 10-11.

From the press release:

Pils Pride

The most popular beer style is also the most neglected and forgotten. Those that are called Pils are often only the shadow of the originals. Bitterness, dryness, herbal and flower hop flavors meet in a delicate and unbelievable equilibrium, a rich, honeylike maltiness. All this has been diluted in billions of hectoliters of characterless beers that claim to be Pils.

12 to 16 different Pils will be available from Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and other countries.

Saturday, around 10 p.m. a keg of Extra Hop will be randalized. It’s an extreme, ultimate dry hopping system created by Sam Calagione of Dog Fish Head Brewery.

Sunday, around 7 pm a keg of Tipopils, previously treated like a Real Ale, will be hand pumped at room temperature.

Food
Both days, simple and high quality food, suitable for Pils pairing, will be avilable. Cheese, salami, and special creation from the chef. No booking required.

Some events (special tastings; Sunday 4-course lunch) do require advance reservation.

See the listing on the Events page for more info.

Rastacouere
beers 6175 º places 701 º 12:55 Thu 4/3/2008

Suddenly bloody thirsty.

Gazza
beers 727 º places 167 º 16:25 Thu 4/3/2008

Their Tipopils is excellent and the other beers of theirs I tried were pretty good too.

fiulijn
beers 28351 º places 745 º 16:43 Thu 4/3/2008

Originally posted by Rastacouere
Suddenly bloody thirsty.

David,
I got my last Tipopils exactly last Friday, same time as I’m writing now!
The memory is still fresh and thirst hurts me more!!!

fiulijn
beers 28351 º places 745 º 16:46 Thu 4/3/2008

Originally posted by Gazza
Their Tipopils is excellent and the other beers of theirs I tried were pretty good too.

Just my humble opinion, but these are my ratings of their best beers:
Tipopils: 4.6
Bibock: 4.6
Sciresona (sour beer): 4.3

Best brewery in Italy!

MartinT
beers 10697 º places 521 º 17:31 Thu 4/3/2008

Oh geez. If anything of the sort pops in mid-July, please tell me!

Fukito
beers 1064 º places 37 º 18:04 Thu 4/3/2008

This is a damn good idea... Pils deffinetly needs more luv!!

Stonch
beers 1 º places 18 º 11:13 Sat 4/5/2008

Gazza is right, the Tipopils is a stunner. I’ve had about 40 pints of it in my time and every one’s been great!