RBSG 10 - Hotel Information

Reads 4489 • Replies 28 • Started Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:39:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 06:39 Thu 6/3/2010

We will be using the Holiday Inn Downtown Grand Rapids as our base hotel for the Summer Gathering. This hotel gives us the best combination of location and price.

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/grrpe/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=mdpr-_-googlemaps-_-hi-_-grrpe#

It’s about a half mile walk from Founders and HopCat and this will be the departure point for the Friday and Saturday bus trips. The pub crawl bus will also stop here as one of the stops along the pub crawl route Friday and Saturday.

The rate is $105 per night plus tax (14%) so around $119 per night after tax. This is for a standard room w/ either 2 double beds or 1 king.

To book the room, either call 616-235-7611 and mention that you are part of the Rate Beer Summer Gathering block of rooms or you can book online using the code RBS. If there are any problems please post on this thread or message me and I’ll make sure they are resolved quickly.

You must reserve your room by 6/23/10 to receive the discounted rate. After that date you will be charged their normal rate if there are any rooms remaining.

Since this is a very popular hotel they haven’t set aside a huge number of rooms. If we use up our original block of rooms they will add additional rooms if available. Even if you book by 6/23/10 you still might not get a room if the block of rooms is used up and they have no additional rooms available. I highly encourage that you book asap to guarantee a room at the discounted rate and so we can also have additional rooms added to the block.

After you book, please send me an email to jraidl@med.umich.edu so I can keep track of who has booked and how many rooms are remaining. Please include RBSG-Hotel in the title. Also in the email please include your name, Rate name, days you are staying, and your phone # (optional). If you are sharing a room please send me the name(s) of those staying w/ you as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers, Jeff

Savvy1982
beers 1706 º places 70 º 09:37 Thu 6/3/2010

Awesome, just booked our reservation!

Thanks for the hard work, man.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 15:13 Thu 6/3/2010

WOOHOO! Booked and paid. I still need to find a cheaper place for my last night (the 26th) where location is not so important.

Savvy1982
beers 1706 º places 70 º 17:49 Thu 6/3/2010

Just had to share this:

Just phoned to change my reservation (caught an earlier flight, am now flying out on Sunday night instead of Monday morning), and the guy at the counter (Josh), asks me what is this RBSG thing? I explained as best I could, and when I mentioned that we were having our reception at Founders, his response was "Cool! Do you think they’ll have KBS on tap that night?"

I think we chose the right hotel!

xmarcnolanx
beers 945 º places 2 º 18:08 Thu 6/3/2010

Originally posted by Savvy1982
Just had to share this:

Just phoned to change my reservation (caught an earlier flight, am now flying out on Sunday night instead of Monday morning), and the guy at the counter (Josh), asks me what is this RBSG thing? I explained as best I could, and when I mentioned that we were having our reception at Founders, his response was "Cool! Do you think they’ll have KBS on tap that night?"

I think we chose the right hotel!

Anyone have a floor I can crash on, if I go?

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 04:54 Sat 6/5/2010

Bookedy Booked for me and Adam (Flssmrbrewalum) !

thedm
beers 6316 º places 16 º 09:23 Sat 6/5/2010

Hotstuff and I have booked our room for Jul 22-25. Looking forward to seeing ya’ll soon!

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 05:23 Mon 6/7/2010

Thanks to everyone that has booked so far.

If you booked and did not email me (or I have not emailed you back) please send me an email.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers, Jeff

TheGuy
beers 653 º places 26 º 07:30 Mon 6/7/2010

I’m all in

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 10:47 Tue 6/8/2010

The rooms are going fast! If you’re coming for sure I highly recommend you book soon.

It will get you in at the group rate and you’ll be at the main hotel where all the buses will be picking up from.

Plus it helps us get a better idea of exactly who’s coming and also will allow us to add additional rooms to our block.

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 07:13 Thu 6/10/2010

Originally posted by northernbrews
The rooms are going fast! If you’re coming for sure I highly recommend you book soon.

It will get you in at the group rate and you’ll be at the main hotel where all the buses will be picking up from.

Plus it helps us get a better idea of exactly who’s coming and also will allow us to add additional rooms to our block.

Please remember to send me an email with your name, Rate name, phone #, and who else is staying w/ you (w/ their Rate name too). This will help me make sure my list and the hotels list match up.