REMINDER - FOBAB tix today

Reads 1466 • Replies 13 • Started Monday, August 25, 2014 6:07:56 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

17thfloor
beers 2444 º places 19 º 06:07 Mon 8/25/2014

[URL=" http://www.illinoisbeer.com/fobab/" target="_blank" target="_blank" http://www.illinoisbeer.com/fobab/[/URL]

10am - Aug 25th

go get em

friendly reminder since every year there is always deserving people who forgot and miss out...

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:29 Mon 8/25/2014

Tickets NOT Transferrable.

Interesting move.

HonkeyBra
beers 4044 º places 13 º 08:04 Mon 8/25/2014

Great job using ticketmaster. Getting tickets was no problem.

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 08:08 Mon 8/25/2014

Tickets are transferable, btw.

Myself and the lady are heading to the evening Saturday session! Hope to see some of you there!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:10 Mon 8/25/2014

Originally posted by Clownoisseur

Myself and the lady are heading to the evening Saturday session! Hope to see some of you there!

It seems difficult to make tickets NOT Transferrable.

But I’m just going by what their Facebook post seemed to indicate earlier.

Seems pretty tough to work that way, logistically.

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 08:12 Mon 8/25/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by Clownoisseur

It seems difficult to make tickets NOT Transferrable.

But I’m just going by what their Facebook post seemed to indicate earlier.

Seems pretty tough to work that way, logistically.

I saw that information as well...and wouldn’t have thought otherwise except for seeing the "Free Transfer" button upon completing my order on Ticketmaster.

And, yea, since hard tickets are coming in the mail, not sure how they would enforce this to begin with.

Either way, I am not worried.

Looking forward to a great time!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:14 Mon 8/25/2014

Saturday Afternoon wins for 1st to sell out/most popular.

I think that’s impressive with all the pre-sale Friday tickets that were sold before today.

alexsdad06
beers 18005 º places 78 º 08:17 Mon 8/25/2014

From someone not from the area, what beer related places is the new location closest to? I new the past location because of the baseball stadium.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:24 Mon 8/25/2014

Originally posted by alexsdad06
From someone not from the area, what beer related places is the new location closest to? I new the past location because of the baseball stadium.

The UIC Pavilion location puts you very close to the West Loop and more viable public transportation options, a hot area right now (and closer to the yet previous home of FoBAB - The Plumbers Union Hall).

Haymarket, Kaiser Tiger, Lone Wolf, Little Goat, Au Cheval, Beer Bistro are all fairly close.

Additionally, the close proximity to the Blue Line makes it easy to hop on and get to other areas of the city (Blue Line hosts stops in the loop for access to Rock Bottom Chicago in addition to riding it to Revolution, The Radler, Map Room, Piece Pizzeria, and more).

The new location seems like a great opportunity for a whole host of options after the fest compared to last year.

crossovert
beers 17165 º places 150 º 08:47 Mon 8/25/2014

The UIC arena is fairly close to the UC so whatever you do before going to the UC. Didn’t get a ticket but I think I’ll be there one way or another (without my roomate )

charule
beers 2306 º places 121 º 22:01 Mon 8/25/2014

Got Sat even tix.
I think its here not the Pavilion...

UIC Forum
725 W Roosevelt Rd.
Chicago, IL 60607

Basically Halstead/Roosevelt.