Richmond/Washington Magazine article

Reads 167 • Replies 0 • Started Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:55:23 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

edmedina
beers 21 º 07:55 Sat 9/26/2009

Hi guys,
I know I am not a frequent poster around here but I wanted to let you guys in on something. Let me give you guys a background here. I subscribe to Richmond Mag. I sent a note to the editor about the lack coverage of Virginia’s breweries. I got a note back from Jason Tesauro of TheModernGentleman.com. He explained he was working on an article called "99 Miles of Beer." He is some of what he had to say.

Jason Tesauro at your service. I’m the the wine & spirits columnist/blogger for Richmond and Washingtonian magazines. Your note about a lack of beer coverage was passed along to me. Thanks to your inspiration, you’ll be pleased to know that I’m working on a piece titled "99 Miles of Beer," which will be a round-up of the best beers made within 99 miles of DC or Richmond. Beers will be reviewed in three categories: commercial, microbrew, and homebrew.

Wondering if you can help us spread the word to beer fans and brewers by either passing along the email below or posting something online.

Here’s that message...

Greetings beer enthusiasts and brewers,
Washingtonian & Richmond magazines are spotlighting regional suds in an upcoming piece called "99 Miles of Beer," a round-up of the best beers made within 99 miles of DC or Richmond. Beers will be reviewed in three categories: commercial, microbrew, and homebrew.

If you wish to nominate a beer for this round-up, please dash an email to Jason Tesauro: jason@themoderngentleman.com.

If you are a brewer, please submit four 12-oz beers (or the equivalent) to our tasting panel via:
Tesauro
4 East Main Street
Apt. 3A
Richmond, VA 23219

Jason Tesauro
434-531-3761
TheModernGentleman.com

So there you have it. Hopefully some of you would be very interested in getting your own beers involved or know brewers who might be interested. Thanks