Ron Jeffries opens Jolly Pumpkin tasting room

Reads 840 • Replies 8 • Started Saturday, August 23, 2014 9:41:25 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:41 Sat 8/23/2014

There must be some big relief here...

--
DEXTER — The long-anticipated opening of the null Café & Taphouse at Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales production brewery is just around the corner.

Executives at Northern United Brewing Company have announced 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 5, as the grand opening at 2319 Bishop Circle East in Dexter.

"This tasting room has been in the works for decades,” says Ron Jeffries, Jolly Pumpkin co-founder, co-owner and brewmaster. “We’ve always wanted to have a great place for people to enjoy the beers that we brew on-site and we’re excited to unveil this new space which will allow us to do just that.”

More here:
http://www.heritage.com/articles/2014/08/23/dexter_leader/news/doc53f607aa78d69022654696.txt

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 11:33 Sat 8/23/2014

Nice! If it is anywhere near as good as the Jolly Pumpkin places in Traverse City and Ann Arbor, it will be great.

Jamesthebrit
beers 422 º places 22 º 16:21 Tue 8/26/2014

Yeah dude. Best (and most overpriced) pancakes I’ve ever had.

Alright, time for a rant:

I love Jolly Pumpkin beers. They’ve been nothing but amazing and the tasting room in Ann Arbor was super cool. But man, they’re so expensive!

Jolly Pumpkin: move to four packs! Then I would buy your beer. But $15-20 a bomber; every time I go to the beer store I see it, and I want it, but I know I shouldn’t, then don’t.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 01:54 Wed 8/27/2014

At first glance, I mistook "Jeffries" for "Jeremy".

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 01:55 Wed 8/27/2014

Originally posted by Jamesthebrit
$15-20 a bomber

?!? JFC! No fricking way.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 10:57 Wed 8/27/2014

I love Jolly Pumpkin beers. They’ve been nothing but amazing and the tasting room in Ann Arbor was super cool. But man, they’re so expensive!

Jolly Pumpkin: move to four packs! Then I would buy your beer. But $15-20 a bomber; every time I go to the beer store I see it, and I want it, but I know I shouldn’t, then don’t.
Good beers can surely ensue hated for being so goddamn pricey, but amazing beers? Don’t you have to draw the line somwhere? If it’s irresistibly delicious, let’s pay up, yo. Ooh, you could get a job at Jolly Pumpkin. Or learn to detest having money you can’t spend by spending it on things you don’t need.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 06:22 Thu 8/28/2014

They used to do some of them in four packs. That was back in the days though when the bombers/750s were only $8.99 or so. Now would seem an even better opportunity to return to the smaller package size.

mibirder
07:24 Thu 8/28/2014

They had six packs of Bam, Calabaza Blanca, and Bam noire

Jamesthebrit
beers 422 º places 22 º 13:13 Thu 8/28/2014

Originally posted by radarsock

Good beers can surely ensue hated for being so goddamn pricey, but amazing beers? Don’t you have to draw the line somwhere? If it’s irresistibly delicious, let’s pay up, yo. Ooh, you could get a job at Jolly Pumpkin. Or learn to detest having money you can’t spend by spending it on things you don’t need.

That’s a solid point, but to me the problem is competition. A lot of other solid brewers are moving from bombers to 4 packs and when I have to make a decision I go for the 12oz.