San Fran Beer/Cellarmaker Growlers

Reads 467 • Replies 4 • Started Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:41:29 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 07:41 Wed 11/2/2016

I’m going to break this up into two sections:
1) My pal is going to San Francisco tomorrow , staying 5 days, and will be picking up beer for me. Locals, what are some hidden gems he should grab and take back on the plane? I’ve already informed him to try and get Phantom Carriage Sour IPA from City Beer. I’ve him to poke his head in at Cellarmaker, Mikkeller Bar, The Rare Barrel (in Berkeley roughly 20 minutes away), City Beer, and Healthy Spirits. Where should he go to find other cool stuff? Russian River is essentially what he made the trip for; driving won’t be that big of a deal to him. Extraordinarily interested in local smaller CA operations with good products. Believe me, I know that description is unimaginably vague but I’m leaving it up to you guys to just shout out whatever tickles your fancy. Gimme your best!
2) I know that bottles of Cellarmaker Get Off My Lawn have existed at some point, but does Cellarmaker sell bottles of this at their brewery or is it simply distributed around the area? Was it ever growlered at their location? It says that it is not available for growler fills on their website. And if you not only cannot pick up Get Off My Lawn in growler-format from the brewery but in bottle either, then would anyone know where I might be able to find it?

Thanks!
love, peace, and bacon grease.

slowrunner77
beers 19964 º places 499 º 07:51 Wed 11/2/2016

Cellarmaker just announced a fresh release of Get Off My Lawn bottles as well as a second beer yesterday at 2 pm (brewery only?). Your timing may be prefect.

slowrunner77
beers 19964 º places 499 º 07:55 Wed 11/2/2016

Make sure he gets to Cooperage while in Santa Rosa.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 08:04 Wed 11/2/2016

Originally posted by slowrunner77
Cellarmaker just announced a fresh release of Get Off My Lawn bottles as well as a second beer yesterday at 2 pm (brewery only?). Your timing may be prefect.
Wait, you mean 2 pm today? If he can’t make it over to Cellarmaker today, what are the chances that it’ll be sold out tomorrow or even Friday? I can’t imagine a DIPA selling out in a day (other than PtY), but then again I’m not from California aha.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 08:23 Wed 11/2/2016

Originally posted by slowrunner77
Make sure he gets to Cooperage while in Santa Rosa.
Will do!
Thx