Seattle trip next month

Reads 2013 • Replies 31 • Started Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:26:50 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

furthur
beers 2164 º places 40 º 13:26 Wed 12/3/2014

I’ll be in seattle 12/29 to 1/9. While new years will be busy for most I’m sure, I’d love to meet anyone, as time allows. Also, can bring down alaska beer, if there’s requests...

Hoping to chip away at wanteds list from Seattle shelfies too.

John

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 14:32 Wed 12/3/2014

I’ll be around and would be very happy to meet up.

I can even host a tasting if there are other folks around.

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 15:12 Wed 12/3/2014

I should be available during that time.

What do you most want to see of the Seattle scene? Will you have much time for beer stuff?

furthur
beers 2164 º places 40 º 17:11 Wed 12/3/2014

We’ll be staying queen anne area. I’d like to sample what I can of local stuff, especially Black Raven, and like I said, grab what shelfies I can. Other than that a get together would be great, beer or coffee. This won’t be a beer only trip, so a dedicated afternoon or evening is about all I’ll want, other than grabbing a quick coffee or beer here and there.

BeerDevil
16:04 Thu 12/4/2014

I’ll be in town after Jan 4 and would most likely be able to meet up or show you around a bit. Queen Anne area is central to several good places to visit.

CheersMate
beers 1348 º places 189 º 16:37 Thu 12/4/2014

For coffee, lattes, etc., Vivace is the best, in my opinion. Do not miss out on that place.

A Cafe Nico will blow your mind.

furthur
beers 2164 º places 40 º 09:02 Fri 12/5/2014

Thanks for the coffee rec’s. I’m also into single origin espresso.

Also, anyone running that area, I’ll try to get in a few while i’m there, weather depending.

If your January monthly meeting is on that first sat., I can prob. make that...I’ll watch the forum. Planning to bring a Broken Tooth Darth barreleum; http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/broken-tooth-darth-delirium-barrel-aged/165696/ (for all it’s low rating, took a bronze at GABF in belgian-other, I think...) and I can bring Deal With the Devil, Darkest Hour, Berserker, Anchorage Brewing shelfies (Between the Staves is close to re-release), or other more mundane here but less available there canned stuff from Denali Brewing, King street, or Broken Tooth. Let me know if anyone want’s something particular.

andrewje41
beers 7597 º places 142 º 09:26 Fri 12/5/2014

Black Raven would be well worth the drive to Redmond, in my opinion. Love that place, great beers. I would be down to meet up as well.

dicemanstl
beers 21 º places 1 º 12:32 Sat 12/6/2014

I’d be down to meeting up as well

furthur
beers 2164 º places 40 º 18:10 Wed 12/24/2014

Ok. I have midnight sun Sloper Baltic Porter, Matanuska Thunder Funk, and the re-release of Gluttony, as well as Broken Tooth Darth Barrellium I am currently planning to bring, for either a bottle share or IP trade. I won’t make the MM if it’s after the 9th.

We’re also doing an overnight in Salem, so I’m homing for at least a run through HOTD. Plus, any chance th re is, or will be Freemont bbomb around? Gonna hit the brewery for sure, but if anyone sees it on tap hit me up?

Thanks,
John

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 18:16 Wed 12/24/2014

Originally posted by furthur
Ok. I have midnight sun Sloper Baltic Porter, Matanuska Thunder Funk, and the re-release of Gluttony, as well as Broken Tooth Darth Barrellium I am currently planning to bring, for either a bottle share or IP trade. I won’t make the MM if it’s after the 9th.

We’re also doing an overnight in Salem, so I’m homing for at least a run through HOTD. Plus, any chance th re is, or will be Freemont bbomb around? Gonna hit the brewery for sure, but if anyone sees it on tap hit me up?

Thanks,
John

Someone made it down to Midnight Sun today!