Sheffield and Liverpool

Reads 1360 • Replies 18 • Started Saturday, August 27, 2016 11:51:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 12:50 Sun 9/4/2016

God, I’d love to be back in Sheffield.

stravale
beers 3336 º places 1 º 11:54 Fri 9/9/2016

Did notice The Lion Tavern had closed when I was in Liverpool

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 02:34 Sun 9/11/2016

I’m off to Sheffield shortly after York Beer Festival, probably Wed 21st Sept though not fixed. Staying in Castleton so will be coming in by Bus, could be a long trip back!

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 02:36 Sun 9/11/2016

Originally posted by stravale

Yes that was shut when we were there, I was told for refurbishment / new Landlord so I haven’t shut it down on here. I cannot imagine that they would permanently shut that one, but you never know with these pub co’s.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 11:05 Sun 9/11/2016

Originally posted by imdownthepub

Yes that was shut when we were there, I was told for refurbishment / new Landlord so I haven’t shut it down on here. I cannot imagine that they would permanently shut that one, but you never know with these pub co’s.

I hope they’re not refurbishing it too much. Seemed spick & span and in decent original shape last time I was there a couple of years ago. There’s not really a lot you could do to it without destroying its character. Unfortunately, "closed for refurbishment" sometimes really means closed for good. Looks like it’s owned by Punch Taverns but the lessees went bust. Who knows what plans Punch have for it.

stravale
beers 3336 º places 1 º 14:24 Sun 9/11/2016

Originally posted by chriso

I hope they’re not refurbishing it too much. Seemed spick & span and in decent original shape last time I was there a couple of years ago. There’s not really a lot you could do to it without destroying its character. Unfortunately, "closed for refurbishment" sometimes really means closed for good. Looks like it’s owned by Punch Taverns but the lessees went bust. Who knows what plans Punch have for it.

Been closed for 3 months - no evidence of anything going on when I looked at the pub. I marked it as ’Closed’ here.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/last-orders-called-two-liverpool-11476329

imdownthepub
beers 26051 º places 2103 º 01:57 Mon 9/12/2016

Been closed for 3 months - no evidence of anything going on when I looked at the pub. I marked it as ’Closed’ here.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/last-orders-called-two-liverpool-11476329

No problems. Let’s just hope that someone can get it up and running again eventually.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:23 Mon 9/12/2016

No problems. Let’s just hope that someone can get it up and running again eventually.

The problem with retiring places that are (supposedly) temporarily closed is that we often don’t get wind of it when they re-open, so they stay retired when they are actually open for business. And they can be hard to track down once you’ve retired them as they don’t show up in search results (I don’t know why, but it’s by design I think). I often deal with this sort of situation by putting a note in the description rather than retiring. However, the description is currently invisible on place pages - something to do with the site redesign that I hope will be restored.