So, Japan’s best

Reads 2916 • Replies 36 • Started Sunday, January 31, 2016 9:27:52 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 18:03 Mon 2/8/2016

For everyone that does twitter, I just found out this is the twitter account of one of the girls that works at Tanakaya. The new beer arrivals are posted between hundreds of posts about cats. @chancology

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 18:07 Mon 2/8/2016

Thanks Arturo!!!

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 18:08 Mon 2/8/2016

Originally posted by beercation
For everyone that does twitter, I just found out this is the twitter account of one of the girls that works at Tanakaya, The new beer arrivals are posted between hundreds of posts about cats. @chancology

Only in Japan could something like this happen. Just imagine if top beer stores posted cute pictures of puppies and between that you could find out what super limited releases are coming out?!? LOL

Tim

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 18:41 Mon 2/8/2016

Originally posted by TimE
Originally posted by beercation
For everyone that does twitter, I just found out this is the twitter account of one of the girls that works at Tanakaya, The new beer arrivals are posted between hundreds of posts about cats. @chancology

Only in Japan could something like this happen. Just imagine if top beer stores posted cute pictures of puppies and between that you could find out what super limited releases are coming out?!? LOL

Tim

Pretty weird account, but hopefully it saves you guys a trip to the store.

KyotoLefty
beers 15093 º places 1059 º 18:59 Mon 2/8/2016

LMAO.

j3sei
01:35 Mon 3/14/2016

Have been following that Tanakaya account for a long time (Arturo who gave it to you? ha ha) but haven’t been back there in a long time as well, sometimes they just mention that they ordered some stuff but not when it’ll arrive and when they do it’s probably gone by the time you can make it there.

Before I used to buy online from Sake no Yamaichi but haven’t used it in a while since I found Beer Market, sometimes I also buy stuff from Deguchiya, Nakameguro Donki or Shinanoya, and online from Tsutaya Sake.

Also, when you go to Beer Market and they don’t have something you saw online you can ask for it and they’ll bring it from their storage room, at least that’s what they told me when I couldn’t find something that was listed as available online.

I noticed though that you guys are talking about the opposite, that they do have stuff that isn’t listed online, they sometimes update the rakuten shop later, you can tell if you follow both accounts on twitter/facebook.

Juan